3DR: Duke Nukem to Have 'Strong Resurgence'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Hell yeah I'm into it, been a LONG time since I played Duke Nukem anything, and I was 5 around that time.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum ... and I'm all out of buublegum"

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]Even if they never release Duke Nukem Forever, Hopefully they'll develop and release some form of Duke Nukem game.With today's gaming technology, it'd be one hell of a game if they ever pull it off![/citation]

They did a few years ago. It was called PREY. Its about $10 on Amazon.com - hmmm.. so is Mirror's Edge, but with all the DRM - not worth the purchase.

Anyways, Prey feels very much like Duke Nuke'em. I didn't even know the relationship until more than halfway through the game.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Look up xDuke. You will find people that have modified the old source to work with new OSes. Some have even updated it with higher resolution graphics.

Last I heard Kali was still used to play it. I use to play on there a lot. But have not for about 1.5 years so it may or may not be pretty polished by now.

G

they should change the title to "Duke Nuke'em Forever: In development"

Thesmj

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]Many years ago I thought the new Duke Nukem came out and I just missed it like no one was playing it. It was only this year that I found out it was never released. LOL Sad though... I did like the old Duke Nukem. I used to host a website and provide a custom level called "Duke Nukems Penthouse Paradise". It was created by Penthouse and hosted on thier site for a very limited time.[/citation]

You know playing that level was the very first time I was exposed to mainstream pr0n?

Ahh, to be 11 again...

I've seen more ink on DNF recently than one most new games.

Maybe they've just been waiting on James Cameron to bring them the tools and now they can finally complete the game, only Duke will need to be blue, and speaking an unintelligible language, either that or they are just waiting for another game/engine to slap the Nukem name on to try and hand in their project as 'completed'.

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
i have to wonder, why dont they spend all that money on developing new games? or the next Max Payne or Wolf 3D? or use the money to bid for Fallout 4!!!! i mean, let the Duke rest in peace, already!!!

Kent_Diego

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
I still play. The Duke Nukem fan base has released new high resolution graphic and re-engineered the game engine to run under Windows with modern accelerated graphics cards. They have made hundreds of new levels and total conversions. Duke is still the king.

kanaric

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Any new "duke nukem" game is duke nukem forever esentially. People are acting if they announced a game called Duke Nukem: Trip to Vegas, or some other title other than Forever, that the game will magically come out.

I'm not happy with them just re-releasing old IP on new platforms, I can already play it portably, or on a big screen, so re-releasing it for console or iPhone simply diminishes what I can already do better myself without compromising user interface.

Re-releasing old titles is not newsworthy, only something truly new would be worthy of mention really, anything else is simply a money grab and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.