[SOLVED] 3pin fan headers into 4 pin fan headers

Jul 6, 2021
My case is a corsair spec delta rgb and it comes with 4 3 pin fans. When I bought it I didn't realise they were 3 pin fans. My motherboard is an Asus tuf b560 plus and it only has 4 pin fan headers on it so how do I plug them in or do I need to buy a splitter

Solution
3 or 4 pin fans doesn't matter this days - you can connect them to motherboard headers directly or through splitters if you have more fans then headers. The only difference is that motherboards default setup is usually set for 4 pin fans so you'll need to change that in BIOS, otherwise they will run full speed all the time. Btw, check if your case don't have a splitter included.

rgd1101

Don't

and yes, get a splitter for the 4 fan
motherboard have 3 4 pin
3 x 4-pin Chassis Fan headers

3 or 4 pin fans doesn't matter this days - you can connect them to motherboard headers directly or through splitters if you have more fans then headers. The only difference is that motherboards default setup is usually set for 4 pin fans so you'll need to change that in BIOS, otherwise they will run full speed all the time. Btw, check if your case don't have a splitter included.

Solution
My case is a corsair spec delta rgb and it comes with 4 3 pin fans. When I bought it I didn't realise they were 3 pin fans. My motherboard is an Asus tuf b560 plus and it only has 4 pin fan headers on it so how do I plug them in or do I need to buy a splitter
3 pin fans lack PWM control. But modern motherboards usually offer not only PWM control but the ability to change DC voltage to the fans to control their speed. The only problem is they can't usually be throttled back to extremely low speeds as can PWM fans. So if they're high speed you may have slightly louder fans than otherwise.

Jul 6, 2021
Thanks it dosent have a splitter so I'll have to order 1