Question 3rd Failed PSU?

Apr 4, 2020
I dont get why my psu's keep failing. Maybe im just choosing bad psus? Can a bad AIO cause a PSU to fail?

I have a LEPA Exillusion 240 aio with my i7 4770. When i first built my rig, it was with some gigabyte board. the psu failed & fried the mobo with it. everything else was fine. Being broke, I used my old pc which i took the 4770 from(Dell mobo and psu). The PSU then failed after a few months of use. So then I get ANOTHER psu(corsair cx750m), to pair with my mobo, 4770, and the LEPA aio. same thing happens, but after 2 weeks, it fails. I suspected it was my dell mobo, so i replaced that with another gigabyte board.

Sorry if it sounds confusing, but the only stable variables I have were the 4770, ram, gtx 650/gtx 1060, and the AIO. Part of my suspicion is the AIO(which isnt leaking or anything).

I just ordered a Seasonic GX-550, since I heard they were a good brand. Any help asap would be nice, i need to get this build up and running, and reliable for my sons birthday coming later this month. Thank you!

EDIT: Maybe the LEPA is leaking? Ive had to refill it a few times over the course of 5 years.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020
So I have a ga-z87-hd3 motherboard, it powers up for a split second, then turns off. I replaced the power supply. It worked fine for 3 weeks. Then happened again. I thought it was the power supply, but it works in my other pc. I tried getting it to power on with another power supply, no problems. This has happened twice already(I've gone thru 3 power supplys! All worked for 3 weeks. Then same thing, powers on for only a split second.

I've replaced the motherboard, same thing happens. What could it be?? I've removed all ram except 1, removed the cpu cooler, removed the GPU, so all that is running is the cpu, mobo, 1 stick of ram, and psu. I don't want to get another psu, as this one currently works in another build. Please help thanks

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Sorry if it sounds confusing, but the only stable variables I have were the 4770, ram, gtx 650/gtx 1060, and the AIO
And your mains. AIO is completely irrelevant here, GPU and CPU dosn't seem to be particularly powerful to put stress on PSU even if it's rather cheap. So problems with AC is the only one logical conclusion. Do you happen to know why exactly your PSUs have failed ?

Apr 4, 2020
No I've always thought it was a faulty psu and got unlucky. This time however I was curious and I tried the supposedly failing psu into another working build and voila it works. I tried the psu that was from my other build and it works as well. Is there such a thing as a half fried psu? Maybe some of the components caused my psu to fail, but only for those components?