[SOLVED] 3x FANS controller - RGB LEDs working (Sort of), but fans not spinning

ninja1125

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Ok, so i was setting up my computer recently and my original fan controller burnt down after booting up, therefore i ordered a new one.

Controller is connected to 3 fans with 6pin connectors and controller is connected to PSU with a mortex(?) cable with a 4pin connector on the controller.

Problem: Fan wont spin, but LED on fans will turn on, if i slightly plug the fan cables and power cables, i can see the RGB working. but the controller also doesn't seem to be changing the RGB or speeding up the fans. but the controller shows signs that it is working such as red light popping up, also tried different batteries.

RGB is fixed on a color and fans dont spin, what am i doing wrong?

See controller below>
https://images-americanas.b2w.io/produtos/01/00/image/78494/8/78494829_2GG.jpg

The PSU shortage i had could not have possibly damaged all 3 fans....

Solution
6 pin fans, single connector. Basically it's a 1 wire system adopted years ago before rgb fans became more universal with seperate plugs. 4 are the rgb/5v+ and 2 are 12v/G for the fan. The speeds are not changeable as far as I've ever seen, it's just a DC Hub as there's no switch or rheostat. The switch is usually on the case, a 3 speed switch with a mixed output on the 12v lead. The RGB will be usually 5v as that will remain constant.

The RGB should work as is via the controller and the led1 and led2 should be for 5v strips.

Sounds like a cheapo controller if the first burned up and the second is bunk from the start, or those are not the correct voltage fans for that box.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
6 pin fans, single connector. Basically it's a 1 wire system adopted years ago before rgb fans became more universal with seperate plugs. 4 are the rgb/5v+ and 2 are 12v/G for the fan. The speeds are not changeable as far as I've ever seen, it's just a DC Hub as there's no switch or rheostat. The switch is usually on the case, a 3 speed switch with a mixed output on the 12v lead. The RGB will be usually 5v as that will remain constant.

The RGB should work as is via the controller and the led1 and led2 should be for 5v strips.

Sounds like a cheapo controller if the first burned up and the second is bunk from the start, or those are not the correct voltage fans for that box.

Last edited:
Solution