[SOLVED] 4 pin to 6 pin connector for gtx 1650 super

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
Hai, I have recently bought a gtx 1650 super and I have zebronics n540w psu. I have only one 4 pin connector remaining but the gtx needs a 6 pin connector so I decided to buy this adapter from amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/Graphic-Power...keywords=4+pin+to+6+pin&qid=1578729318&sr=8-1

One computer technician told me that I shouldn't use a adapter because it won't suck the power needed for the gpu and will fry my gpu so I should buy a better PSU. Is this true ? Can I use the 4 pin to 6 pin adapter. Thank you

Hai, I have recently bought a gtx 1650 super and I have zebronics n540w psu.
Can you show photo of label on your PSU? (upload to imgur.com and post link)
It most likely has less than 200W on 12V rail.

GTX 1650 super requires 350W PSU.
Your PSU will not be able to support it. If you try to use it, you can have catastrophic psu failure.
Results can be - psu blows up and kills your entire pc. In worst case scenario it may catch fire.

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
Oh my, that is terrible. Its own spec shows 15A on the 12v rail which is 180w (12v x 18A). This is what you would expect from a 200w psu. Although the sticker says 450w this psu at best is really a 200w. I would not use your PC until the psu is replaced, that psu is a hazard to all components.

A reasonable quality real 450w psu that is usually a reasonable price is the Corsair CX450 or even the CX550. Do not choose the older and poorer quality CX430 or CX500.

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
Oh my, that is terrible. Its own spec shows 15A on the 12v rail which is 180w (12v x 18A). This is what you would expect from a 200w psu. Although the sticker says 450w this psu at best is really a 200w. I would not use your PC until the psu is replaced, that psu is a hazard to all components.

A reasonable quality real 450w psu that is usually a reasonable price is the Corsair CX450 or even the CX550. Do not choose the older and poorer quality CX430 or CX500.
I turned on the system with the gpu in it two times but it showed an error to connect the pcie power cables. This won't cause any problems on my gpu right ? I immediately turned it off the both times.

I turned on the system with the gpu in it two times but it showed an error to connect the pcie power cables. This won't cause any problems on my gpu right ? I immediately turned it off the both times.
No, that won't cause problems. My fear is with only 180w (could be less due to poor quality) that the PSU will actually fail/die and if this happens then other components can get damaged. There is no way to predict if it will fail the next time you try it. This is why I give the warning not to use the PC until the psu is upgraded to something satisfactory for the requirements.

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
No, that won't cause problems. My fear is with only 180w (could be less due to poor quality) that the PSU will actually fail/die and if this happens then other components can get damaged. There is no way to predict if it will fail the next time you try it. This is why I give the warning not to use the PC until the psu is upgraded to something satisfactory for the requirements.
I have decided to buy a new psu I don't wanna waste all my thing Removed Now I just need to decide which PSU to buy..I heard corsair psu's gets fried quickly. Please suggest some good PSU at low price.

I have decided to buy a new psu I don't wanna waste all my thing Removed Now I just need to decide which PSU to buy..I heard corsair psu's gets fried quickly. Please suggest some good PSU at low price.
The old Corsair CX were poor quality, the new CX are entirely different and apart from the name. They are reasonable quality and usually competitively priced. If you are willing to pay a bit more then a top quality psu range are the Seasonic Focus Gold and are again usually competitively priced for their level of quality.

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
The old Corsair CX were poor quality, the new CX are entirely different and apart from the name. They are reasonable quality and usually competitively priced. If you are willing to pay a bit more then a top quality psu range are the Seasonic Focus Gold and are again usually competitively priced for their level of quality.
How about the coolermaster this one :
https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-mwe-550-mpw-5502-acabw.html?search=Cooler master psu

Or

https://mdcomputers.in/corsair-cx450-80-plus-bronze-cp-9020120-uk.html?search=Corsair psu

This corsair is bit priced and the cooler master one is 550w but I don't if it is good or not

EDIT

OR
https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-maste...e-4501-acabw-in.html?search=Cooler master psu

Last edited: