403 error on www.tomshardware.com

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 20, 2019
if the VPN is for your company VPN to access their server. repeat the issue is your IT.

And the same is true for the other folks reporting the exact same symptom? Since it is the lone common factor, it seems pretty clear something at toms*.com is at least -somehow- involved.

And the same is true for the other folks reporting the exact same symptom? Since it is the lone common factor, it seems pretty clear something at toms*.com is at least -somehow- involved.
Specially since it was working last week?

I mean, hard to believe it's a generalized problem for different companies out there, right?

If Akamai is dependant on someone giving them policies to their WFW, then check the policies?

Cheers!

May 21, 2019
Hello, I'm having the same issue on tomshardware.com since a couple of days.
I can use chromium, but not firefox. Not even a plain vanilla one without any extensions.

This happens at work, we have a normal ISP connection to the Internet, I'm based in Switzerland.

I've read here about suspected issues with a VPN, but since I'm experiencing the same issue, not on any other site, I think this is a tomshardware.com specific problem.

tomsguide.com has the same 403 issue.

I think tomshardware had better check this out, it is not nice to be "forced" to use chrome/chromium. If one of your service providers (akamai) has an issue, I'd force them to resolve it.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Also having the same problem for the last few days at work, and only with toms. Yesterday managed to get the front page, first link popped the 403 error. After that, the front page also popped 403. Perhaps one of your ads is causing this? Forums page seems to have no issues with my IP address.

May 20, 2019
I mean have your IT test it. and when you said VPN, it the VPN to your company, and not commercial VPN
if the VPN is for your company VPN to access their server. repeat the issue is your IT.

Well, have had a number of back and forth discussions with our IT the past couple of weeks. They insist their testing shows the problem is upstream in the Tom's web service. Sigh.

I am but a humble user that is caught in the middle. :/

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Good day all,

I have run into an issue. I loaded www.tomshardware.com, then any subsequent page loads I get the 403, on Chrome, Firefox. I'm on windows 10.

I get the error on my android device too when connected to my wifi. If I switch my phone to mobile data, I don't get the error at all.

Is tomshardware having firewall issues?

How do I get help with this?
I got the same thing at work, no browser or resets to my windows 10 internet settings and resolve it.

TRENDING THREADS