404 not found on a specific network

tomtaylor0109

Reputable
Aug 25, 2017
Hey, so I cannot connect to my website I hosted through bluehost and created in wordpress. The page displays the following 404 error: Apache Server at szigetelem.net Port 443

This happened right after I changed the Wordpress URL and the Site URL under the settings menu in the wordpress dashboard. I can neither connect to my webpage, nor login to wordpress as an admin to edit it. At least on this specific network I am on. On other networks everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Solution
Suggest you start by flushing any DNS / network / Internet caches, and double checking that you haven't hard-wired the old IP to any logins programs, such as telnet / FTP (just saying).

An aside: Lots of fun, changing IPs. Wordpress loves to have multiple .htaccess files lying around their packages, and some tend to have root/admin IPs set, which isn't fun when you change your own IP (not your problem, but still 'fun') :)
Suggest you start by flushing any DNS / network / Internet caches, and double checking that you haven't hard-wired the old IP to any logins programs, such as telnet / FTP (just saying).

An aside: Lots of fun, changing IPs. Wordpress loves to have multiple .htaccess files lying around their packages, and some tend to have root/admin IPs set, which isn't fun when you change your own IP (not your problem, but still 'fun') :)

Solution