Question 4070 Ti Aorus Elite 12VHPWR ?

b2k-justbetter

Reputable
May 16, 2020
Hello, I would like to ask you about the 12VHPWR that came with the RTX 4070 TI Aorus Elite which has 16-pin to 3x8 pin.
I have lost the original one, and I have ordered another one from amazon but the problem is I ordered the 16-pin to 4x8 pin, and my Aorus P850W PSU only has 3x8 pin. Will this cable work for my graphic card using only the 3x8 connector without the last 8-pin ?
You can see this picture to understand the cable that I've ordered:
https://ibb.co/B3RCYpp

Does anyone have an Idea ?

b2k-justbetter

Reputable
May 16, 2020
Yes it should work just fine, Should work with even 2x 8 as the 4070ti just don't use that much power, you can safly leave it unplugged and everything should work like normal.
Thank you. I'm just concerned about how the power divided from the 4 x8 pin in the one terminal 12+4pin. So I thought if I plugged it it won't give the supply in all the 16 pin

Thank you. I'm just concerned about how the power divided from the 4 x8 pin in the one terminal 12+4pin. So I thought if I plugged it it won't give the supply in all the 16 pin
It should if you use both leads, they should be tied together above where the yellow circle is, so any 1 of the 4 pins you don't have to use, If you bought that cable and could only use 2x 8 pin, you may run into an issue where it wouldn't power the card if you only used the 1 set of 2x 8 pins, but since you are using 3, the cable should work as intended other than that it wouldn't pull as much power as it could with 4x 8pin.

This should be true for most 4x 8pin cables, 2x pin yeah some probably wouldn't work with just 1x 8 pin due to how its wired, though the Nvidia adapter would.

Good Luck!

Reactions: b2k-justbetter