Question 4080 crashing almost every single game

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiagoacapeleiro

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
So, I recently bought a new pc with the following specs:
β€’ π™Ώπš‚πš„ - πš‚πšŽπšŠπšœπš˜πš—πš’πšŒ π™΅π™Ύπ™²πš„πš‚ π™Άπš˜πš•πš π™Άπš‡ 𝟾𝟻𝟢𝚠 π™΅πšžπš•πš• π™Όπš˜πšπšžπš•πšŠπš›
β€’ 𝙼𝙱 - π™°πšœπšžπšœ πšƒπš„π™΅ π™ΆπšŠπš–πš’πš—πš πš‡πŸΌπŸ½πŸΆπ™΄-π™Ώπš•πšžπšœ
β€’ 𝙼.𝟸 - πš‚πšŠπš–πšœπšžπš—πš 𝟿𝟾𝟢 π™Ώπšπ™Ύ πŸΈπšƒπ™± 𝙼.𝟸
β€’ πšπ™°π™Ό - 𝙢.πš‚πš”πš’πš•πš• πšƒπš›πš’πšπšŽπš—πš πš‰πŸ» πšπ™Άπ™± π™±πš•πšŠπšŒπš” π™³π™³πšπŸ» 𝟻𝟸𝟢𝟢 π™Όπ™·πš£ πŸΉπŸΈπ™Άπ™± (𝟸 𝚑 πŸ·πŸΌπ™Άπ™±)
β€’ π™²π™Ώπš„ - 𝙰𝙼𝙳 πšπš’πš£πšŽπš— 𝟿 πŸ½πŸΏπŸΆπŸΆπš‡ 𝟷𝟸-π™²πš˜πš›πšŽ (𝟺.πŸ½π™Άπ™·πš£-𝟻.πŸΌπ™Άπ™·πš£) 𝟽𝟼 π™°π™ΌπŸ»
β€’ 𝙰𝙸𝙾 - π™½πš‰πš‡πšƒ π™Ίπš›πšŠπš”πšŽπš— πš‰πŸ½πŸΉ πšπ™Άπ™±
β€’ π™΅π™°π™½πš‚ - π™»πš’πšŠπš— π™»πš’ πš„π™½π™Έ πš‚π™»πŸ·πŸΈπŸΆ πšπ™Άπ™± π™Ώπš†π™Ό π™±πš•πšŠπšŒπš” 𝟼 π™΅π™°π™½πš‚
β€’ π™²π™°πš‚π™΄ - π™»πš’πšŠπš— π™»πš’ 𝙿𝙲-𝟢𝟷𝟷 π™³πš’πš—πšŠπš–πš’πšŒ πšπšŠπš£πšŽπš› π™΄πšπš’πšπš’πš˜πš—
β€’ π™Άπ™Ώπš„ - π™Όπš‚π™Έ π™ΆπšŽπ™΅πš˜πš›πšŒπšŽ πšπšƒπš‡ 𝟺𝟢𝟾𝟢 πš…πšŽπš—πšπšžπšœ πŸΉπš‡ 𝙾𝙲 πŸ·πŸΌπ™Άπ™± π™Άπ™³π™³πšπŸΌπš‡

but my GPU just arrived today, which means I was using the CPU graphics card πŸ’€ and everything was working fine in games besides the low fps and terrible graphics. After installing my 4080 I went to test it on apex legends and during the gameplay, the game suddenly crashed since it happen I went to test it on another game, my next game warzone II and the same happen, the pc didn't crash or nothing just the game closed but the rest of pc was normal in every single situation. Then I tried to play rainbow six siege and the same happen. Can someone help me, please? By the way, I'm using XMP and Resizable Bar, and I'm on windows 11.

Yeah I am, I'm not sharing them im using them individually

Check what @norcalsc wrote up there, and also did you donwloaded the nvidia drivers from nvidia site, or MSI ?

Are you using stuff like MSI Dragon Center (or whatever he name is this days), if so try to disable it (if not uninstall) every crap-app you don't really need. Same goes for ASUS ROG whatever the names is.

You only need the drivers from nvidia and amd (for chipset), and whatever else you can get from Asus Global without the need to install any other extra software.

tiagoacapeleiro

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
Check what @norcalsc wrote up there, and also did you donwloaded the nvidia drivers from nvidia site, or MSI ?

Are you using stuff like MSI Dragon Center (or whatever he name is this days), if so try to disable it (if not uninstall) every crap-app you don't really need. Same goes for ASUS ROG whatever the names is.

You only need the drivers from nvidia and amd (for chipset), and whatever else you can get from Asus Global without the need to install any other extra software.
Nvidia website.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
make sure to disable your internal GPU, then run DDU in safe mode
uninstall AMD GPU drivers, and nvidia GPU drivers
reboot
then reisntall nvidia gpu drivers

hilarious thing is that intel has an FAQ article about using DDU. drivers problems maybe ? LOL
anyways you can folow the instructions, juste uninstall AMD + nvidia, not intel obviously
https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

Reactions: RodroX

tiagoacapeleiro

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
make sure to disable your internal GPU, then run DDU in safe mode
uninstall AMD GPU drivers, and nvidia GPU drivers
reboot
then reisntall nvidia gpu drivers

hilarious thing is that intel has an FAQ article about using DDU. drivers problems maybe ? LOL
anyways you can folow the instructions, juste uninstall AMD + nvidia, not intel obviously
https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

Ty for trynna help me bro, but im noob, so what does DDU means?

So, as i was saying, my gpu arrived today but before that i was using the internal GPU from the CPU, so i had no real gpu but i was using the graphics card from the cpu.

ok, and you installed Windows 11 from scratch like @sizzling asked?, or Did you re-used and old drive installation?

Sorry we ask this many questions, but the more info we have the best to narrow the posible issue.

tiagoacapeleiro

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
So, as i was saying, my gpu arrived today but before that i was using the internal GPU from the CPU, so i had no real gpu but i was using the graphics card from the cpu.
Ty y'll for the help, I was able to fix the problem by formatting the system. all my pc is brand new, but since the GPU was the last part to arrive, I was using the CPU only to use the computer, and because of that the system installed AMD graphic drivers and since my GPU is a 4080 I guess it was having some kind of conflict. Everything is working just fine. once again ty all for the help.

Reactions: drivinfast247

tiagoacapeleiro

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
Ty y'll for the help, I was able to fix the problem by formatting the system. all my pc is brand new, but since the GPU was the last part to arrive, I was using the CPU only to use the computer, and because of that the system installed AMD graphic drivers and since my GPU is a 4080 I guess it was having some kind of conflict. Everything is working just fine. once again ty all for the help.
Nevermind dude.... it just crashed again.... in two different games

tiagoacapeleiro

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
Download and run memtest86 from a USB.
I did it, because I was having some problems with my memory using XMP, but when I ran the tests on memtest86 it said everything was fine. So apparently I think I found the problem, I tried to turn off resizable bar and play a lit bit to see what would happen and the game still crashed, then I knew resizable bar wasn't the problem, so I disabled XMP and I played for 1h straight and no crashes... But I want to ask you guys something, I paid for a CPU and motherboard that supports 5200mhz why am I having problems with XMP? the advertised RAM MHz of my memory is 5200, and when I turn it on all the games I have just crash all the time... is it normal??

tiagoacapeleiro

Honorable
Nov 20, 2018
It never hurt to check, Did you installed the RAM as shown in page 17 from the mobo manual (you can access the manual: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-c...gaming/tuf-gaming-x670e-plus/helpdesk_manual/)
Yeah, I installed it correctly, almost all motherboards have two favorite slots to install the ram, and I did it correctly.
Also have you tried to play games with XMP enable but only 1 memory stick at a time? Does this work ?
No I didn't, but I ran memtest86 and it was saying that everything was fine.

Yeah, I installed it correctly, almost all motherboards have two favorite slots to install the ram, and I did it correctly. No I didn't, but I ran memtest86 and it was saying that everything was fine.

Memtest will test de RAM...obviously, but there could be other incompatibilities betwen RAM, CPU and MOBO that may not be shown in those tests.

Its a long shot, but easier than swaping PSU or GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.