Question 4080 fan blows at full speed, does not slow down ?

Onehate

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I have a 4080 and once I start to play a game and it starts to heat up the fan cuts on as expected.... the only issue is once it kicks on it will not throttle at all and spins like this until I reboot the PC...

I replaced a 2080 ti which had no issues but did rebuild the PC with windows 11... about the only 2 things that changed..

Went to MSI support on this and they where absolutely waste of time, figured I would see if anyone here could give me a hand here...

Have tried changing the fan profile is MSI Center and really has not anything to fix the issue either....

Cheers!!

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Might be something here you can work with. What model is your 4080?

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ZOTAC/comments/yold58/rtx_4090_trinity_fans_not_stopping_at_low_temps/?

Last reply mentions refresh rate with a 4080. It's possible, if it's not Hz problem (what Hz you running btw?) it could be driver related. Latest driver maybe bugged or need a hot fix driver if available or wait for another newer driver to be released. I suggest browsing Geforce forums on relating issues.

Another issue mentioned in above is regarding boost clocks not settling down after exiting game so fans remain running at speed. Maybe look at and try different power plan in NvidiaCP. Maybe try disable full screen optimisations so Nvidia driver realises game has been exited from full screen rather than borderless full screen mode. Just a stab in the dark. found under compatibility of your game's exe properties.

Onehate

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Might be something here you can work with. What model is your 4080?

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ZOTAC/comments/yold58/rtx_4090_trinity_fans_not_stopping_at_low_temps/?

Last reply mentions refresh rate with a 4080. It's possible, if it's not Hz problem (what Hz you running btw?) it could be driver related. Latest driver maybe bugged or need a hot fix driver if available or wait for another newer driver to be released. I suggest browsing Geforce forums on relating issues.

Another issue mentioned in above is regarding boost clocks not settling down after exiting game so fans remain running at speed. Maybe look at and try different power plan in NvidiaCP. Maybe try disable full screen optimisations so Nvidia driver realises game has been exited from full screen rather than borderless full screen mode. Just a stab in the dark. found under compatibility of your game's exe properties.

Sorry I wound up rebuilding that PC, lol.... but still having issues, abit diffrenet, lol

Cheers!