Question 4090 2-of-3 monitors enabled problem

John Chrin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
Problem: Can't enable all 3 displays in Nvidia Control Panel. Whenever I try to click the 3rd display checkbox it auto-unchecks one of the other displays. My goal is to be able to enable all 3 displays at 4k 120hz.

Info: I can enable any 2 of the 3 in any combination (can mirror or extend in any configuration), can also set them to 4k 120hz no problem. Something to note, whenever I checkbox or uncheckbox a long freeze (not responding) of the Nvidia Control Panel takes place until it adopts the new enable or disable (this may not be a problem).

Graphics Card:
ASUS - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Overclock 24GB GDDR6X

Monitors:
x2- GIGABYTE - AORUS FO32U2 Pro - 32" QD OLED Gaming Monitor - UHD 3840x2160 - 240Hz
x1- Samsung - 65" Class S90C OLED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV

Cpu: i9

Ram: 32gig quad channel ddr4

PSup; EVGA 1600 T2 Platinum

Lutfij

Titan
See if your panel's OSD's have G-Sync/FreeSync/AdaptiveSync enabled. If so, disable them and manually set them to 120Hz on the panels. Then go into Nvidia's control panel and see if the same is disabled on there as well. You should be able to do 4K across a triple displays. It's only when you go above 120Hz is when the 3rd display shuts off(or rather shows you a black screen).

John Chrin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
See if your panel's OSD's have G-Sync/FreeSync/AdaptiveSync enabled. If so, disable them and manually set them to 120Hz on the panels. Then go into Nvidia's control panel and see if the same is disabled on there as well. You should be able to do 4K across a triple displays. It's only when you go above 120Hz is when the 3rd display shuts off(or rather shows you a black screen).
Will give it a go this evening and report back, cheers!