Question 4090 no display

Mrusername

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2012
I have just upgraded from a 2080 Super to a 4090 Gaming X Trio from MSI and am unable to get any video output from the new card. I have attempted a few quick solutions, removing old drivers and swapping the cards back to see if the PCIe slot failed but still nothing on the 4090. I will be trying to update my BIOS via USB flash, this seems to be the only solution I can find for similar cases. I have also seen a nvidia provided firmware update, however due to the size of the 4090 I am unable to have both cards in at once.

Here is some info on my build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite
RAM: Corsair DDR4 16gb x 2
PSU: EVGA Platinum 850w
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5950x
Gpu: 2080 Super (currently in use); MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio (upgrading to)

For more clarification, the 4090 is powering on, fans turn on for a moment and RGB lights up, and as far as I can tell my PC is booting fully. I believe I was able to get into bios even without the display (not versed in my BIOS lights).

Does anyone have any experience with this issue and a potential solution, or is this a case of RMA?

I have just upgraded from a 2080 Super to a 4090 Gaming X Trio from MSI and am unable to get any video output from the new card. I have attempted a few quick solutions, removing old drivers and swapping the cards back to see if the PCIe slot failed but still nothing on the 4090. I will be trying to update my BIOS via USB flash, this seems to be the only solution I can find for similar cases. I have also seen a nvidia provided firmware update, however due to the size of the 4090 I am unable to have both cards in at once.

Here is some info on my build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite
RAM: Corsair DDR4 16gb x 2
PSU: EVGA Platinum 850w
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5950x
Gpu: 2080 Super (currently in use); MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio (upgrading to)

For more clarification, the 4090 is powering on, fans turn on for a moment and RGB lights up, and as far as I can tell my PC is booting fully. I believe I was able to get into bios even without the display (not versed in my BIOS lights).

Does anyone have any experience with this issue and a potential solution, or is this a case of RMA?
What is your solution for power to GPU ?