Question 4090 power utilization issue

Oct 21, 2022
I'm only getting half the fps in games that I should be using the 4090. And when checking power draw its at half of what it should be when directly comparing it to other benchmarks. In death stranding im using 63% gpu usage with 210 watts
And 100 fps. All charts and videos show it at 198 fps with 420 watts. Ghost recon breakpoint 200 watts 100 fps. All videos show 178 fps at 4k with 400 or so watts used.
When I run fur mark it pulls 448 watts and runs perfectly it hits the numbers it should be. But when I'm gaming I'm getting half the performance and I don't understand why

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I'm only getting half the fps in games that I should be using the 4090. And when checking power draw its at half of what it should be when directly comparing it to other benchmarks. In death stranding im using 63% gpu usage with 210 watts
And 100 fps. All charts and videos show it at 198 fps with 420 watts. Ghost recon breakpoint 200 watts 100 fps. All videos show 178 fps at 4k with 400 or so watts used.
When I run fur mark it pulls 448 watts and runs perfectly it hits the numbers it should be. But when I'm gaming I'm getting half the performance and I don't understand why
What processor are you using. The processor can only put out x amount of FPS in a given game and the card will only do what it needs to do to keep up.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.