Prominent
Jun 7, 2021
Specs:
  • GPU: Gigabyte 4090 OC-24gd
  • CPU: 5900x
    • h170i CPU AIO
  • Case: Corsair iCUE 7000x RGB
  • Motherboard Asus Tuf x570+

I've been working on a new build, and everything has been going fine until about 15 minutes ago.

My 4090 isn't fitting into the PCIE slot. I know it sounds a bit strange, but it's the only way to describe it.
kK70Ne9.jpg

This is as far is it's willing to naturally go, but can be put in a bit more if pushed.
However, that's obviously not ideal and given how heavy this thing is, will naturally fall back out of place.

I think the metal hinge to the left is physically pushing against the motherboard and not letting it go through, maybe?
Ilh47TV.jpg

I wanted to ask if anyone else knows about why this might be. I can't see anything else thats physically blocking it, and I'm almost positive that the case isn't an issue. I was told the x570+ would be fine - and it appears like it is, my 3080 fits in just fine, but I'm not sure how I would even go about fixing this.

Any suggestions? I'm going to try taking it out of the case taking a closer look to see if anythings broken, but I don't think it is. Has anyone ever had issues with the 4090 and certain motherboards as far as space goes?

GSF2021

Prominent
Jun 7, 2021
You're not inserting the GPU in the right order...might explain why the latch on the first PCIe slot is missing.

I need some sleep. 😬
Thank you!

I did get it inserted, but now my VGA/Boot QLED is on. I tried putting my 3080 OC back in to see what it would do, but it posts just fine. I guess I'll take another look at it in the morning, but I've already tried removing all but one ram stick. I'm unsure what issue could be causing it to not post on my 4090 but work fine for my 3080 - my PSU certainly has enough power at 1300w, so maybe I do need to just try and reinstall it a few times? Maybe it'll be obvious by the time I wake up.

Thanks again!

Edit - turns out one of my connections was lose when plugging the 4090's adapter in. It's all good now!

Last edited: