[SOLVED] 450W PSU for a gtx 970?

Dec 19, 2020
I'm just curious, is an EVGA 450W 80 plus white power supply enough for a gtx 970?

Specs:
i5 4570
8gb ram dual channel
500gb hdd

Solution
It "might" be, but it's probably not worth the risk considering those particular EVGA units are pretty lousy to begin with, unlike some of their other products.

If it was a REALLY exemplary power supply, then I'd say MAYBE it's enough, and you can certainly try it if you like, but I think you'll run into one kind of problem or another before long if you use that PSU with that graphics card. You really want something 500w or higher and since there really aren't any good quality, reliable 500w units out there in the aftermarket, what you should really be looking at is something in the 550w range.
It "might" be, but it's probably not worth the risk considering those particular EVGA units are pretty lousy to begin with, unlike some of their other products.

If it was a REALLY exemplary power supply, then I'd say MAYBE it's enough, and you can certainly try it if you like, but I think you'll run into one kind of problem or another before long if you use that PSU with that graphics card. You really want something 500w or higher and since there really aren't any good quality, reliable 500w units out there in the aftermarket, what you should really be looking at is something in the 550w range.

Solution