$470 Intel vs AMD for streaming

gabobo

Prominent
Nov 6, 2018
Hey, I just saw Tech Source's new video. He compared an Intel $470 PC vs an AMD $470. I was looking to build one of them, but there is a condition: I wanted the PC to stream my PS4 gameplay to Twitch while using OBS. I looking between this two PC for two main reasons: He made a complete guide on how to build the Pc's and its on my budget. I also would never play a game while streaming. Should I build the Intel or the AMD PC?

Thanks!

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDflSDAG4Xg

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Hey, I personally prefer AMD for playing games especially if your going Ryzen because AMD CPUs are good with work load. And if your streaming that’s a good thing. Intel is really good for gaming though since they focus on higher clock speeds while AMD focuses on more cores and threads. They both are great but streaming I’d go with AMD just because of the more cores and threads you would need. On that same note you can also over clock the cpu so that you get higher speeds. I wouldn’t buy a CPU that goes below 3.4Ghz just because you want to be able to perform but not slow your pc down that much. AMD is also more friendly to your wallet. Ryzen CPUs start at around 100 dollars.