4770K - Which source? Warranty or no?

Chicory

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
I'm weighing which outlet to buy from. I'm not a fan of Micro Center given the horror stories of their "reservation" system, and their two-year warranty bridges the gap between their price and Newegg's. Money isn't "no object" but I don't know what sort of 'deal' I'm getting by shaving $70 off the base price of $350 by going with Micro Center.

I wonder which is the most reputable for returns and warranty, and who the Tom's Hardware community would recommend.

songorocosongo

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I constantly buy stuff from amazon since I'm a student and got amazon prime free for 6 months. It's the only place that ships free to Puerto Rico. I bought 90% of my current build from newegg. I've never had an issue with them, they have a decent customer support.

If you are unwilling to go to MicroCenter, then Newegg.com is my recommendation. I dealt with Newegg.com since when the first went online; I literally began buying from them a few months after they opened for business back in early 2001.

Amazon is also pretty good. If I'm not buying from one site, I'm buying from the other. Mostly Newegg.com though because their search engine is user friendly and powerful, and prices are generally better, and I don't have to pay taxes.