[SOLVED] 4820k @4,4 Ghz - Question regarding LLC level on Asrock MB

Sep 20, 2019
Hey there,

I currently OCd my 4820k to run at 4,4 Ghz on an Asrock x79 extreme6 MB.
I get stable results with fixed vcore at 1,25v testing with prime95 and HWMonitor. Temps never exceed 65° in prime and 55° while gaming.
I recently read about the importance of LLC in some scenarios. I just had it on Auto (if I check in BIOS it's mostly set to Level 1 of 5 which represents the horizontal line between vcore and load). Would it be ok to leave it there or would you try to manually adjust it to Level 1 or possibly trying to get to Level 2 or 3?

Advice would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
You'r OC sounds pretty stable. In which case, I would put LLC on to level 1 or just auto. LLC is really to help combat vdroop when your CPU goes to load. It can be helpful to give an OC some stability, but on the other side if you use too much LLC you can over volt the CPU. Bit of a balance.

Most heavy OC might set LLC to level 2/3 or higher depending on their needs. If all else is equal, and you have no issues with stability, then leaving it on auto might be good for now.
You'r OC sounds pretty stable. In which case, I would put LLC on to level 1 or just auto. LLC is really to help combat vdroop when your CPU goes to load. It can be helpful to give an OC some stability, but on the other side if you use too much LLC you can over volt the CPU. Bit of a balance.

Most heavy OC might set LLC to level 2/3 or higher depending on their needs. If all else is equal, and you have no issues with stability, then leaving it on auto might be good for now.

Reactions: MC_Yachtmeister
Solution