Question 4g/lte problem

Makatas

Honorable
Jan 13, 2017
I have somewhat of a weird issue. I live in a rural village(if that matters). Lte signal reaches there tho. The issue is that at my home, or outside of it my lte internet download speed is 8-12mbps. On the public road, which is literally like 15-20 metters away from my yard, download speed reaches 130-140mbps. Any ides why would those 15meters make such a huge difference in speed and any ideas how i could bring that speed to reach my home too?

Can be trees, a hill, a building...pretty much anything in the path between you and the cell tower. It can also be that you are near the edge of radio beam. Many cell towers used a directional antenna that send out pie shaped signal from the tower. Most times there is overlap but they in some cases have dead areas.

In the end there is little you can do. They make cell antenna you can put up on a pole on your house but it is messy to get cables etc run into the house. Of course this doesn't work if you are using a cell phone or even a router that does not have a place to connect a external antenna.

In the end pretty much you can't do very much

Latest posts