4G signal. I need it here but it ends over there.

May 26, 2018
Hello all, not sure this is the right category or even the right forum but here goes.

My house is in the country, 100 feet inside the woodline at the top of a farmer's field. When standing at the woodline(my property line) I have 5 bars of 4G service. I barely have 1 bar at my house.

Is there an antenna setup for this situation? I'm imagining an antenna at the woodline, an underground cable to an antenna at my house to broadcast the signal.

Thanks
Jesse

Solution
Your cellular provider may give or sell you a "micro cell" device to improve your signal. You would have to check with your carrier.
May 26, 2018
I have not tried it on the roof. When standing outside on my second story balcony with phone held high, there is no increase in signal.

This position puts the phone 20 feet off the ground and 10 feet below the roof peak.

May 26, 2018
The only thing they offered was a unit that connects to the internet and broadcasts a cell signal. The internet is DSL and under 10mbps. I don't want to use bandwidth for this when I have full strength 4G at 85mbps 100+ feet away.

If the "micro cell" is not what I described could you explain what it is? That way I can ask my provider specifically.

Thanks