4GB DDR4 2400MHz Kingston hyperx mixing?

Just__

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015
Hello i have 4GB DDR4 2400MHz Kingston HyperX FURY Black
CAS CL15 i wonder can i mix it with other hyperx fury 1x8GB CL 15 or i have to buy same ddr4 4gb cl15?

Solution
Mixing and matching RAM does not always work. Even if you mix the same model and quantity. This is why RAM is sold in kits, because each kit is tested to work together. With that being said, it does not mean that it wont work, you just cant guarantee that it will. So it is worth a shot, but I would buy it from a vendor with a good return policy just in case it wont boot. You will have better luck trying to match capacity, speed and Cl.
Mixing and matching RAM does not always work. Even if you mix the same model and quantity. This is why RAM is sold in kits, because each kit is tested to work together. With that being said, it does not mean that it wont work, you just cant guarantee that it will. So it is worth a shot, but I would buy it from a vendor with a good return policy just in case it wont boot. You will have better luck trying to match capacity, speed and Cl.

Solution

Just__

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

ive got 1x4gb ddr4 hyperx stick and i was wondering can will it work but without try i can't say but of now i use pc with 2 different model one is adata and other is good ram they both are 1600mhz / 4gb but im not sure about CL and they work great i didn't knew they couldn't work together when i bought them but for 2 years now they work great but when i get another stick of ddr4 hyeprx ill report if they work or not.

gamerguy319

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
I agree with froggy. Just as reassurance I have done this with a pair or corsair ddr3 kits in the past. They were diffrent revisions, purchased about 3 years apart. just try to make sure that the kits are the same sku if possible and run the kits on diffrent channels.if the sku of your kit is no longer available try to find a similar kit with the same frequencies and timings