4GB memory reserved how do i fix this?

Luis Enrique

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
hello, i just bought a new pc and it have 8gb of ram but only 4gb are usable, i checked some threads and said maybe i needed to change the sticks , i checked and changed them and is still the same.

I've never had this problem before so i dont know what to do, here are my specs.
he6YQPQ.png

Solution

Right click the windows 8.1 start button and click run. Type msconfig in the run dialog box. Next you need to click the boot tab and look in advanced options. To the right you will see if there is a limit on your memory. It might say 4096 and have a little check box saying maximum memory. If it's checked and says something around 4096 then uncheck it and reboot. Let me know if that worked.

Luis Enrique

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I changed the sticks and tried them on their own and i found that the pc worked only when i put one stick on the first socket and said i had 4 gb ram,
however, if i put one stick in the second one it didn't worked, i couldnt initiate windows, and when the two are together the second socket seems to recognize the other 4 gb stick but apparently i cant use it

Right click the windows 8.1 start button and click run. Type msconfig in the run dialog box. Next you need to click the boot tab and look in advanced options. To the right you will see if there is a limit on your memory. It might say 4096 and have a little check box saying maximum memory. If it's checked and says something around 4096 then uncheck it and reboot. Let me know if that worked.

Solution

nielgrant

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
this is a known problem with Microsoft, and they have unfortunately been unable to give a direct answer that actually works. and of course that main question, "is it 64, are you sure its 64, are mistaken 32 for 64". we all assure those this is a 64 bit issue on win 10, 8.1, 8.
I my self have been dealing with this and have been looking for the solution. so far none. but when I do I shall let the community know.