4k Editing on Budget

sourovdeb

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
I finally have saved some money after 7 months to buy a decent laptop.
I am therefore very tight in budget.
I have found HP Omen laptop (it's i5 7300hq , 8gb DDR4, GeForce GTX 1050, 1tera sata , 128 SSD, FHD screen)
What do you think? Is it decent enough to edit photo and running Adobe premiere pro?

Solution

You can use whatever hardware you want. i7 will save you more time verse a i5.

sourovdeb

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Thank you so so much for getting back to me. I wholeheartedly appreciate it.
Well, not desktop because I could sometimes take it to uni. And
I found a Acer VS15 i7-HQ , 8gb DDR4, GeForce 1050 4gb,
But!! À big But!! It 1tb HDD 5400 rpm :(
It's under 800
I however have a Sony 128 external SSD.
Could I use it there?
Between this Acer and HP Omen, which one do you recommend?
Software: GoPro studio, Adobe Premiere pro CS6(old version because I bought it long time ago and still using it . Can't afford new because it's expensive)
And Lightroom (same)

sourovdeb

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

Agreed.
Fortunately I have a a few with me. Like an external SSD , and a couple of 1tb hard drive.
But what about my other specs?
I am stuck in €800

sourovdeb

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

Thanks kindly for your advice.
Isn't i5 7th gen chips are pretty good too?
4 core ones?

The way it works, for the most part, is the faster CPU and more ram allows you to do things in the editor faster. For instance, if you need to scrub forward in the timeline while watching your video that process goes smoother with a faster computer. Otherwise you could have stuttering and skipping in the video as you move forward.

When you render the video, a slower computer takes longer. If you are doing short clips then this is less of a problem. If you will be doing 30 minute 4k clips this will be a big problem.

Time is money as they say, slower computer costs you time. Expensive computer costs you money. Which one, time or money, do you have more of?

sps02121985

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018

You can use whatever hardware you want. i7 will save you more time verse a i5.

Solution