Question 4k Monitor Recommendation Please!

Azndude263

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2013
I am currently using an Acer Predator XB321HK 32" 4K monitor. I bought this monitor when it first came out like 5 years ago and am pairing it with a 3070 currently. I am planning to upgrade to a 4090 and 7950x soon. I am in a market for a new monitor that play well with the 4090. I don't know much about monitor but some quick YouTube search resulted in a recommendation for the Gigabyte M32U as the best overall 4k 144hz monitor without costing an arm and a leg. I just recently noticed there's a M32UC as well (curved) so am just wondering if anyone has an experience with any of these monitors or does any have a recommendation on which monitor to get?

Gigabayte M32U - $680 - Newegg
Gigabyte M32UC - $630 - Newegg
Samsung G7 Neo - $1300 - Amazon

Some YouTubers are recommending the Samsung G7 Neo 32" for their much better HDR performance but it is costing nearly 2x the price compared to the Gigabyte. Again, I have no personal experience in any HDR or high refresh rate monitors so I don't even know what they are like

PS: Will I noticed any big improvement if I were to upgrade from my current XB321HK monitor? I noticed both of the Gigabyte monitors being sold for about $570 on Newegg Open Box but not sure if it's smart to buy open box for monitors?

Last edited:

Azndude263

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2013
I play some Moba games, Guild Wars 2, Diablo 4 when it comes out and some AAA games here and there. I am not exactly sure what improvement I am looking for really as I have no real experience. All I know is 6 years ago I went from a 1080P to a 4k monitor and that was a huge improvement in quality

CeltPC

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
I went with the Neo G7, though at $300 less than that price. In a normal desktop setup, going for a huge 40-50 inch range is just too big, not just in terms of space but field of vision issues. The Neo G7 is big, coming from a 27" monitor, and the quality of the image is impressive. Both for gaming and content consumption, I am very happy with it.

Azndude263

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2013
I went with the Neo G7, though at $300 less than that price. In a normal desktop setup, going for a huge 40-50 inch range is just too big, not just in terms of space but field of vision issues. The Neo G7 is big, coming from a 27" monitor, and the quality of the image is impressive. Both for gaming and content consumption, I am very happy with it.

For the same price of this Neo G7, the Alienware aw3423dwf but is an ultrawide I believe? What do you think?

CeltPC

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
For the same price of this Neo G7, the Alienware aw3423dwf but is an ultrawide I believe? What do you think?
I absolutely considered that Alienware. I thought it was a great option. I think it just depends on your priorities. For me, I both game and watch a lot of content. Having a larger image at true 4k resolution and the 16:9 aspect ratio, along with no wide format aspect ratio hassles with any application was the thing that tipped it toward the Neo G7 for me.