4K TV getting much higher FPS Than 4K Monitor

Jul 25, 2018
I'm using two Maxwell Titan X's in SLI. When using my 4K TV as a monitor using HDMI 2.0 my FPS are 20+ higher than when I connect my cpu to my 4K Gsync Monitor using displayport 1.4. Getting About 77-80fps in 4k on ultra settings on the TV when bench marking with Valley. When Using the monitor getting about 55-57 fps.

Solution

It should be; Windows, the game, and the GPU shouldn't care. Either there's a really odd driver problem with your display (and I can't imagine a TV driver is better then a Display driver), or there's some setting *somewhere* which is causing some Vsync like effect.
Jul 25, 2018
Its really weird. I tried disabling Gsync and the results are the same. Its almost like the monitor is causing some kind of bottleneck. Which I think is impossible.

It should be; Windows, the game, and the GPU shouldn't care. Either there's a really odd driver problem with your display (and I can't imagine a TV driver is better then a Display driver), or there's some setting *somewhere* which is causing some Vsync like effect.

Solution