4pin rgb to rgbw 5pin

Sep 2, 2018
I have a Gigabyte Aorus H370 Gaming WiFi 3 mobo, and I have a problem with the RGBW header. I have a CPU cooler by Thermaltake which has RGB Sync with the mobo. The TT comes with a 4 pin female rgb connector yet my mobo has 5 pin rgbw header. Can I still use the this.

Solution
Using the RGB (RGBW) LED extension strip cable, just plug it on the 5-pin header of your mobo. On its other end, just plug the 4-pin female on the 4 pins of the extension strip, leaving the 1 pin unattached. Make sure that the RGB of the TT is +12V - not 5V.
myGMYbV.jpg
Using the RGB (RGBW) LED extension strip cable, just plug it on the 5-pin header of your mobo. On its other end, just plug the 4-pin female on the 4 pins of the extension strip, leaving the 1 pin unattached. Make sure that the RGB of the TT is +12V - not 5V.
myGMYbV.jpg

Solution
Sep 2, 2018
Hi, thanks for the answer, yes i see this in the manual, (the diagram above different to my manual) only it does show in my manual that the 'w' pin faded out. I was worried that the plug may bend the 'w' pin as it did look as though it was as i tried the plug it in the header.

Maybe if i shave a little plastic off the plug, the side nearest the 'w' pin (opposite end to the 12v) just to give some clearance. I rather do that to a £15 PWM fan than bend a pin on a £150 mobo. (possible future upgrades)

Sep 2, 2018
What I did was shave a little plastic from the RGB plug (opposite end to 12V) just a little only 2mm, and now it fits on nicely without bending the 5th pin ('w' pin) and it works perfectly with no issues.

You would of though Gigabyte could of made an adaptor for this as only there mobo's come with 5 pin rgbw (at the moment) as finding any kind of adaptor on ebay/amazon was impossible.

Great job on the modification. Thanks for checking back here to report how its working nicely. Didn't Gigabyte include the RGB (RGBW) LED Strip Extension Cable in the box? (like the one in the posted photo above) I thought Gigabyte models with RGBW headers came with it so anyone can also use a 4-pin strip.