Question 4pin USB?

Apr 25, 2019
My new Rosewill server chassis came with two 4pin USB connectors? Even USB2 is 9pin... What type of USB are these? How do I connect them to my mobo?
There were also these NIC1, NIC2 LED connectors... what is NIC?

My new Rosewill server chassis came with two 4pin USB connectors? Even USB2 is 9pin... What type of USB are these? How do I connect them to my mobo?
There were also these NIC1, NIC2 LED connectors... what is NIC?
All USB2 are actually 4pin. 9pins are actually two USB2 ports with 9th being a dummy for proper connector orientation. Usually, connector has 10 contact places with one of them being blocked for same reason.
NIC should be "Network Interface Controller", pretty important for server operation which typically has at least two of them.

popatim

Titan
You need to match the orientation correctly otherwise you'll blow your front usb ports the first time you try to use them.
usb ports have 4 wires. Data+, Data-, 5v, & Ground.

Read your chassis manual to get they pinout they use for the usb wires, read your motherbd manual to learn the pinout they use, & insert the usb wires to the correct pins.

On a typical pc motherboard usb port the pinout is
[missing pin] Gnd D+ D- 5v
[ pin is there] Gnd D+ D- 5v

[edit] so it should be obvious that if you put the front panel wires in backwards, you connect 5v to ground ...