4th WoW Expansion Will Have New Continent

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealfly

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I was mad to learn that after paying 39.99 for the expansion, i had to pay another 14.99 to reactivate my account. 55 dollars to play an expansion is kinda Fail. I will not be buying the 4th expansion, and wish i would have saved my money on this one.

sinsear

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
WoW was originally released in 2004. The next expansion is 2012. So we can say the game will stay live until at least 2014. That's a pretty impressive lifespan compared to games like CoD or most sports games.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
$40 for cat? lol no - I paid $37 for cat AND wotlk.
And $15 to reactivate your account is because you pay for 1 month of gametime.

cskelly

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]$40 for cat? lol no - I paid $37 for cat AND wotlk.And $15 to reactivate your account is because you pay for 1 month of gametime.[/citation]

Where did you get this special?

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Why would do you think you would be getting a free month? If it was a new account, then sure. But you are trying to access your old account, hence the 14.99. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
thanks for the warning therealfly. I have been trying to decide if I should go back to WoW after a long time away, and this gives me just a little more reason not to.

are you sure that 15.99 was not just for the first month though? or did you have to pay $30, $15 of which was for activation?

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
The real knee-slapper is when you total up how much you've paid over a lifetime in WoW subscriptions. Well, at least your total might be. My total is $0.

G

...ugh.
Blizzard adds more and more expansions, despite the fact that we of the slower gameplay style can never get the top gear before it's obsolete.

Nightsilver

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
[citation][nom]Harodan[/nom]...ugh.Blizzard adds more and more expansions, despite the fact that we of the slower gameplay style can never get the top gear before it's obsolete.[/citation]

If you didn't have full T10 (which is as close as it gets to free end-game gear) by the time Cataclysm went live, or even four-five months beforehand, then I would suggest you hesitate to invest any more into gaming than a graphing calculator. If Blizzard slowed the game down to your pace, they'd go broke because the rest of the player base would get bored and quit.

therealfly

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
My account was expired. I had to pay 15 dollars to reactivate my account. Plus 40 dollars to buy the expansion. I haven't played WoW in a year. So it cost me 55 dollars to start playing WoW again. Seems to me like the expansion should have came with a free month of play.

I must have been playing the game when the first 2 expansions came out, so i just didn't realize that a month of game time was NOT included.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Now people who spent months and months getting epics will be replacing their gear with greens and blues. The cycle continues.

Nightsilver

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
[citation][nom]therealfly[/nom]My account was expired. I had to pay 15 dollars to reactivate my account. Plus 40 dollars to buy the expansion. I haven't played WoW in a year. So it cost me 55 dollars to start playing WoW again. [/citation]

No, it cost you $14.99 to start playing WoW again.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]This is why I play on a private server. Instead of paying for game time I am paying bills and buying new hardware to help keep my rig fresh.[/citation]

Paying $14.99 a month for WoW (cheaper if you buy more months in advanced) is hardly back breaking. Paying 50 cents a day is pretty much as good of a deal as it gets.

Consider the entertainment value you get with WoW, albeit, it destroys your life after some time with it's addiction.

I never had any problem paying a measly $15 a month to play WoW. I had MANY problems trying to have a life and juggle anything besides breathing, eating and sleeping WHILE playing WoW. Trying to keep a full time job, school or a social life? Forget it...you can't do it and play WoW at the same time. One of those big things has to give if you want to.

P.s. When I mean play, I don't mean casually put a few hours a day....I mean actually progress and actually have something impressive to show for it. There's a certain point, where if you can't invest enough time into WoW, It's really not worth playing.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]arawyn[/nom]Emerald Dream. You heard it here first![/citation]
Emerald Dream sounds right. However, since it's a copy of Azeroth, it would have to be huge. Of course, they could make some zones unexplorable to keep it to a expansion-size world.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]WhySoBluePandaBear[/nom]When I mean play, I don't mean casually put a few hours a day....I mean actually progress and actually have something impressive to show for it. There's a certain point, where if you can't invest enough time into WoW, It's really not worth playing.[/citation]

Although I agree with the last line of this, I would not call a few hours a day casual. A few hours a day is pretty hardcore if you actually work a job. Also, no matter how much progress you make nothing you obtain will ever be "impressive" to anyone but yourself.

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]therealfly[/nom]My account was expired. I had to pay 15 dollars to reactivate my account. Plus 40 dollars to buy the expansion. I haven't played WoW in a year. So it cost me 55 dollars to start playing WoW again. Seems to me like the expansion should have came with a free month of play. I must have been playing the game when the first 2 expansions came out, so i just didn't realize that a month of game time was NOT included.[/citation]

To my knowledge a free month with the purchase of an expansion pak has never been the case. I am not a big fan of people opting for wow when you have bills that should be payed instead, but honestly when you get down to the bottom line for what you get $15 bucks is pocket change for the amount of content and activities the game offers. I started playing wow about 8 months after I started my IT career and I only started playing because I wanted to see just how good the content and gameplay was. I think WOW is probably one of the best options for gaming out there. Honestly though if you are trying to decide between rent and wow you have bigger problems. Gaming is not for the "I dont pay any of my own bills" Poor. I am so sick of hearing people bitch because they think these companies are charging too much. Perhaps they are, but I am getting my monies worth. Well....Just as long as we don't have another BC issue when I log on tonight and have to spend 3 hours in que.

Cheers,

Dragonenvy
LV 80 Troll Hunter
Dragonmaw

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]captjack5169[/nom]To my knowledge a free month with the purchase of an expansion pak has never been the case. I am not a big fan of people opting for wow when you have bills that should be payed instead, but honestly when you get down to the bottom line for what you get $15 bucks is pocket change for the amount of content and activities the game offers. I started playing wow about 8 months after I started my IT career and I only started playing because I wanted to see just how good the content and gameplay was. I think WOW is probably one of the best options for gaming out there. Honestly though if you are trying to decide between rent and wow you have bigger problems. Gaming is not for the "I dont pay any of my own bills" Poor. I am so sick of hearing people bitch because they think these companies are charging too much. Perhaps they are, but I am getting my monies worth. Well....Just as long as we don't have another BC issue when I log on tonight and have to spend 3 hours in que. Cheers,DragonenvyLV 80 Troll HunterDragonmaw[/citation]

*Post edited my moderator*

Do not insult fellow members. Don't do it again.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
I'm gonna chime in, I took a 4 month break from wow from being a casual player since 2006. Sometimes the daily grind does become ugh, and boring.
I did however take a break towards eve, free expansions, constant leveling. While I like some casual aspects of EVE, it gets very repetivive quick from solar system to solar system. But then again i do like just sitting back and making money off of investments.

WOW offers things new each round. New sights, new stories. However once you reach that magical cap, it becomes a grind after grind.

Thanks to Cataclysm, everything has changed so much i'm excited to roll a lvl 1 character all over again. However places like Outland and Northrend will be a "step backwards" repeat.

Torn between EVE and WOW. But for me, WOW runs at a faster pace with the ending catching up quick, where Eve can feel like it drags on and on and on as you do similar things over and over where the "raid" content is for players who've been there for 2 years and have billions in isk.

Price to Price.... Folks would spend $$$ on gaming PCs, about $50 a pop on the latest call of duty game, almost buy 1 $50 game a month or every 2 months, dish out $$ for consoles Pay for their $12 month Xbox LIve, Various itunes movies/TV rentals/downloads, Netflix...
I don't think a $15 WOW subscription is gonna break the bank

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]OMFG!!!! LMFAO!!! DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST INCLUDE YOUR WoW Stats as your f'n sig?!?! hahahahahahaha!!!!![/citation]

Ha...I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he is trying to impress all the hot girls that visit these articles. You never know, some hottie might be looking for a LV 80 Troll Hunter.

G

[citation][nom]therealfly[/nom]I was mad to learn that after paying 39.99 for the expansion, i had to pay another 14.99 to reactivate my account. 55 dollars to play an expansion is kinda Fail. I will not be buying the 4th expansion, and wish i would have saved my money on this one.[/citation]
Boohoo, that is how subscription based MMORPG's work. You should have known what you were getting into when you bought the first three.

derstarke

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
$50 for a game that with enough content to last you 40 or more hours? It doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]OMFG!!!! LMFAO!!! DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST INCLUDE YOUR WoW Stats as your f'n sig?!?! hahahahahahaha!!!!![/citation]

Jesus man - it's a little silly, but you just make yourself look bad. Not only that, but you should take your worthless comments elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.