5 beeps at startup means CMOS failure??

Sagar_20

Distinguished
At startup, I'm getting 5 small beeps from my computer and I think it could be a CMOS battery failure.

What I did was I replaced my 4gb dual channel samsung kit with a single 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws X.

After this, the computer started normally but there was no signal on the monitor, which has happened to me before when I had upgraded the video card. To make sure the pc was working normally, I hit the power button button and in 20-25 seconds, it turned off. Like is usually does..

Now in order to get the display, I unplugged the computer and reset the video card and the CMOS battery but no luck. The pc started making 5 beeps instead...(While this going on, I realized I had shorted the PSU also)

Online forums doesn't seem to help much... The dell forums suggests it's a CMOS battery failure which I highly doubt since this pc Dell Inspiron 620s has been in use non stop since 2011.

I can fix the battery myself if that's what the problem is.. But how do I fix the display?? WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM???

I have been in this situation many times. The last time I upgraded the video card, the same thing happened. Luckily I had fixed it myself although I don't know what the actual problem was.. I reset everything I could.. the ram, CMOS battery, and the GPU..(multiple times)
Then i was able to get to the display.