Question 5 beeps when I try to start GIGABYTE B660M DS3H DDR4 with Intel Core i5-13600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2022
I have got a new part for my PC:

1. Intel Core i5-13600K (Integrated Intel UHD Graphics)

2. GIGABYTE B660M DS3H DDR4

3. PSU Corsair CV750

and I have a used one (but works fine on my previous PC):

1. Western Digital WD 240Gb Green WDS240G2G0B

2. Corsair DDR4 DIMM 3200MHz PC4-25600 CL16 - 16Gb KIT (2x8Gb) CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W

When I'm trying to start my PC I'm getting 5 beep sounds from the motherboard speaker with a black monitor and then a reboot.

I have tried to start the PC with no SSD and with no SSD and memory - in both cases, the result is the same - 5 beep sounds.

Thank you for any help!!!

The 600 series boards where made for intel 12th gen, it will probably need a bios updated to handle the 13th gen 13600k cpu you have. take it to a local repair shop and see if they can update the bios for you, if not you will have to get a cheap 12th gen cpu to flash the bios. Looks like the 13600k is supported with bios F20 and newer.

Dec 15, 2022
The 600 series boards where made for intel 12th gen, it will probably need a bios updated to handle the 13th gen 13600k cpu you have. take it to a local repair shop and see if they can update the bios for you, if not you will have to get a cheap 12th gen cpu to flash the bios. Looks like the 13600k is supported with bios F20 and newer.
I've updated it to the latest version (F21 by Q-Flash) and I'm still getting those 5 beeps

are you using the on board video or do you have a dedicated GPU? A lot of issues im seeing on the 5 beeps is the computer is not picking up the monitor. some are saying turn the monitor on right before starting the computer and it will pick it up, others have said to keep hitting the reset button till it picks up the monitor. Seems to be a common issue with this board :(

If you have a cheap GPU i would put it in and see if that fixes the issue.

Dec 15, 2022
are you using the on board video or do you have a dedicated GPU? A lot of issues im seeing on the 5 beeps is the computer is not picking up the monitor. some are saying turn the monitor on right before starting the computer and it will pick it up, others have said to keep hitting the reset button till it picks up the monitor. Seems to be a common issue with this board :(

If you have a cheap GPU i would put it in and see if that fixes the issue.
I have the old GTX750 and with it seated I got the same result. I've read about these strange things with monitors and I've tried these with two different monitors and got the same 5 beeps. Unfortunately, my previous CPU was AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.