[SOLVED] 5 beeps with Intel CPU without integrated GPU, PLEASE HELP

Apr 20, 2021
Hi guys!
I have a problem with my new pc and it's driving me crazy.
It's my first PC build, it worked for like 20 days with no problems, but then one day I started PC and it gave me 5 beeps. No video, but PC was running, also keyboard and mouse running ok, ventilators as well. I usually restart the PC and after several attempts, it works normally (I even play games for X hours) and I see no problem until I need to start the system next time. Sometimes it boots up normally, sometimes it takes 5 - 10 attempts.

I read a discussion about motherboards old bios incompatibility problem with intel F CPUs (without integrated graphics). So I updated the bios from V2 to V5d, which is the newest one - the problem disappeared for like 3 startups and then it surprised me again. I tried to unplug everything and put it back again, resetting the CMOS battery, but nothing changed.

All components except GPU are new and in warranty. I also found out (after X hours of searching for an answer :D) that this specific motherboard sometimes makes a mess and doesn't work properly, so I am thinking maybe it is an MB problem? I was also thinking about maybe some BIOS configuration?

I hope we can find the solution and thanks for your time! Have a nice day!

Specs:
MB: GIGABYTE B460M DS3H - Intel B460
RAM: 2x ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 8GB DDR4 3000 CL16
Power supply: Corsair CV Series CV550 - 550W (80plus bronze)
SSD: WD SSD Green 3D NAND, M.2 - 480GB
CPU: Intel core i3 10 300F
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB, GDDR5

Apr 20, 2021
this is a cpu failure

this points to either mobo or cpu

your mobo is the most likely culprit
Thanks for your answer.
At first I thougt that it was the old bios, but after the update I also think the problem is going to be the mobo (because the CPU is working properly when the system boots up). I just wanted to make sure the problem is not on my side before I am going to return it to the seller.

Reactions: Quanticriver
5 beeps same lemght isnt cpu, its pcie device initialisation error
if u are in uefi mode, it can also be from gop driver, which can be mostly fixed with monitor cable, try to replug it on your gpu or try another gpu video port (if available) or use another cable, also check if your case doesnt block hdmi/dp port so it can be fully inserted

Apr 20, 2021
5 beeps same lemght isnt cpu, its pcie device initialisation error
if u are in uefi mode, it can also be from gop driver, which can be mostly fixed with monitor cable, try to replug it on your gpu or try another gpu video port (if available) or use another cable, also check if your case doesnt block hdmi/dp port so it can be fully inserted
Thanks for your reply.
I think you might be right, this whole issue is just really weird. While I was trying to change things to solve the problem, I found out that sometimes plugging the cable into different port helps and the PC boots without any problems (either switching between DVI cable or changing display port). But then the problem occurs again ://.
I am new to all of this, could you please explain the gop driver? I have read that it has something to do with CSM, which I enabled in BIOS.
I am just afraid that if I return it to the seller, they will give it back to me after 30 days and say that it works fine ://
BTW i double checked if the case is not the problem, but nothing seems to be in the way...
Thanks for your time, Tom

TRENDING THREADS