5 Million Google Passwords Show Up On Russian Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

allawash

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
A friend of mine just had his gmail account compromised in the last two weeks, was sending out automated phishing/scam emails.

fkr

Splendid
or you can also enable 2-step authorization and be a bit more protected.
or you can set up your 2-step authentication and be more protected.

dont have a phone for that. yay, i need to spend 3000$ (phone+service cost) to not be hacked...

with verizon prepay you can bring your own phone or get a moto g for $100 then service is only $50/month with unlimited talk and text and 1 gig data

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

bro, you don't need a phone for 2 step authentication. You need to work on your communication skills and study up before you speak, cause you are really sounding so stupid.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

except that it requires a phone... explain how you bypass the phone part?

i figure in the a 2 year plan thats required for it.
100$ up front, 50 a month how long is the plan required? lets go with the 2 year that i remember, so it comes to 1300$ to enable 2 step for 2 years.

sjc1017

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
I suddenly had someone resetting my guild wars 2 account yesterday so maybe this is connected to the original theft of GW 2 login details shortly after that launched.

iogbrideau

Reputable
May 28, 2014
or you can also enable 2-step authorization and be a bit more protected.
or you can set up your 2-step authentication and be more protected.

dont have a phone for that. yay, i need to spend 3000$ (phone+service cost) to not be hacked...

with verizon prepay you can bring your own phone or get a moto g for $100 then service is only $50/month with unlimited talk and text and 1 gig data
You don't even need that if you want to go with the phone choice. You can get a prepaid phone for $100 with prepaid cards for $10 a month that you can use on unlimited texting.

Then again you don't need a cellphone at all. If you want you can check the box for voice calling instead of the texting!

And even then you don't need that either, if you have a tablet or any other Android or IOS device, you can get the google authenticator (or the IOS equivalent) and have it generate a code every 30 seconds, that you only have to enter on computers that never connected to your google account. They pretty much all have this and even other websites are starting to use that. Even Microsoft has it.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009

bro, you don't need a phone for 2 step authentication. You need to work on your communication skills and study up before you speak, cause you are really sounding so stupid.

My thoughts exactly

fkr

Splendid

the plan is a prepay so you do not have any comitment as far as contract

Status
Not open for further replies.