5 or 21ms response time?

waynelugames

Proper
Aug 4, 2018

I will overdrive my monitor, however will there be any side effects or safely harzards to overdriving a monitor?

waynelugames

Proper
Aug 4, 2018

Oh I see, so if I overdrive my monitor I should receive 5ms input lag without compromising my visuals, systems, etc.
By "how high the settings are" mean if I set it to 5ms I will have some issues?

Response time is not a measure of input lag. It measures how quickly the pixels can change colors, which is separate from the time delay before the pixels start changing. The response time is very small compared to the input lag, and is negligible in effect. What response time does affect is motion blur. Manufacturers implement RTC (or "overdrive") to speed up response time, but sometimes they implement over-aggressive RTC which is used to cheat the tests to result in an artificially lower number when in fact it actually increases blur by causing inverse ghosting. This really depends on the monitor.

waynelugames

Proper
Aug 4, 2018

I ordered a https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX2758-C-MH-Curved-FreeSync-Monitor/dp/B078ZJHD25?th=1, do you think I can achieve 5ms safely based on the company (ViewSonics), their quality, etc?