[SOLVED] 5 short beeps no post

jluesse

Prominent
Jun 24, 2020
I went into BIOS and change my PC into secure boot mode. When I saved it and restarted, I got 5 quick beeps. I tried unplugging and taking the CMOS battery out for 15 minutes, but I still get the same 5 beeps. The light is stuck on VGA. What can I do to fix this?

My specs are

Mobo: B365 hd3
Vengeance led 16 gigs
Rx550

Last edited:
Solution
I went into BIOS and change my PC into secure boot mode. When I saved it and restarted, I got 5 quick beeps. I tried unplugging and taking the CMOS battery out for 15 minutes, but I still get the same 5 beeps. The light is stuck on VGA. What can I do to fix this?

My specs are

Vengeance led 16 gigs
Rx550
Try taking the video card out and plugging into the motherboard. If it boots you can change it back.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

My specs are

Vengeance led 16 gigs
Rx550
Try taking the video card out and plugging into the motherboard. If it boots you can change it back.

Solution

jluesse

Prominent
Jun 24, 2020
When I took the graphics card out it let me into BIOS and then I could boot like normal. When I put the graphics card back in, it beeps 5 times and does not give me the option to boot into BIOS, but does continue to Windows 11. Why is this?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
When I took the graphics card out it let me into BIOS and then I could boot like normal. When I put the graphics card back in, it beeps 5 times and does not give me the option to boot into BIOS, but does continue to Windows 11. Why is this?
When you booted to BIOS did you change the secure boot back?
When you change that back it should let the video card work again.