50 celsius i5 4670k idle

Sep 29, 2018
I recently overclocked my i54670k to 4.0 ghz via msi oc genie and the idle temperature stays around 50 degrees celsius.I have a stock cooler.Do I need a different cpu cooler?(note that I dont usually run cpu demanding tasks)

Solution
No, when you pay double, it won't be twice as good. GENERALLY it's about 50% better. That applies to almost every bit of hardware. Better hardware is very expensive to make so it's much harder to make it two times betyer.

Honestly, the Cryorig H7 would still be a big upgrade for you so I would recommend it.
Yeah, stock coolers are not ideal for overclocked CPUs. I would suggest going for a nice Noctua Air Cooling or even better a water cooler from either NZXT, Corsair or Cooler Master. Although a good Noctua CPU Fan can provide good results already. Just doesn't look as cool as a water cooler :p

Also, upgrade your thermal paste to something like a Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

Sep 29, 2018

The problem is that my case supports coolers up to 150 mm of height.Also,I recently reduced vcore manually to 1.080 and the temps dropped to idle 40-43

Sep 29, 2018

It seems like a very good cooler and it costs around 60 euros where i live.However, my case also fits the cryorig h7 cooler which costs half as much.If I am to pay double the price should I be expecting significantly better cooling or not?

No, when you pay double, it won't be twice as good. GENERALLY it's about 50% better. That applies to almost every bit of hardware. Better hardware is very expensive to make so it's much harder to make it two times betyer.

Honestly, the Cryorig H7 would still be a big upgrade for you so I would recommend it.

Solution
Sep 29, 2018

Ok,then ill compare the two coolers and see if the noctua is worth the price premium.Thanks for the advice!