50% gpu usage gpu temp 70 degrees?

Solution
First, 70C is not hot for a GPU. There are many factors that go with the temperature. What type of card do you have? If it is a smaller card, it will be hotter. Overclocking will have a big impact on heat, and not just overclocking at home. Most cards come factory overclocked. That will increase heat.

Ambient temps have a big role in temperature. It is summer where I live and temps are crazy high right now. My system will be hotter.

RRichards

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
That may be due to bad airflow mixed with a hot running card. Try cleaning out any dust in your system, adding more intake fans if they’re not already there, and if you’re using a case with terrible airflow maybe look into getting a new one, something like the fractal meshify c is great for cooling. Hope this helps!

Jul 1, 2018

Thanks for the reply :) I just cleaned out all my PC and still getting the same temps, the GPU usage was even going to 39% and the temp was around 65 degrees,

70C is fine for a GPU underload. Typically, when a GPU usage is low it is because the CPU is bottllenecking it. What are your system specs and what games are you running when you see the 50% usage? What resolution and detail level are you playing at? The lower the resolution and detail level, the lower the GPU usage.

If you are playing a CPU heavy game, such as BF1 on a subpar CPU, you are going to have low GPU usage.

Jul 1, 2018

Hi, my cpu is an i7 3770, 12gb RAM and my gpu is a EVGA gtx 1060 6gb. The game I'm playing is fortnite and I play at 1080p.

I also just have textures on high and view distance on epic everything else is on medium/low (prefer most settings on low, for fortnite anyway)

Jul 1, 2018

but why is it reaching 70 degrees if it doesn't require much power?
thanks for the reply btw :)
this is with my fan at 70% aswell...

First, 70C is not hot for a GPU. There are many factors that go with the temperature. What type of card do you have? If it is a smaller card, it will be hotter. Overclocking will have a big impact on heat, and not just overclocking at home. Most cards come factory overclocked. That will increase heat.

Ambient temps have a big role in temperature. It is summer where I live and temps are crazy high right now. My system will be hotter.

Solution