Question $500 1440p work/games

Nov 9, 2021
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a new main display to replace my old BENQ, fullhd, 60hz. I've been doing research for quite some time but can't decide which one to choose.

Usage: I work from home so ~8hour per day would be for work-related stuff - I'm an IT guy so text, code, graphs are the most common contents of my screen.
Besides that I also play a lot of different games, starting from FPSes (csgo/warzone) ending with single players (RDR2, GTA etc)

Resolution: 1440p
Size: I wanna go with 27'
Panel: Not sure yet about that but most of my picks are IPS models. I don't like the curved screen so probably that's why VA is the second choice.
Refresh: Anything 144Hz will be enough :)
Hardware: RTX 3070TI
Budget ~$500

Models I am looking into:
  1. ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ - looks to be a very solid monitor with 1,100 contrast but based on rtings tests, the input lag on 60Hz is 32.7 ms which is extremely high. Will that make a difference?
  2. Dell S2721DGFA - heard and read bad comments about this one.
  3. LG 27GP850-B - contrast is at the level of ~800 which makes me wonder how it will look in single-player games (I mostly also play in evenings/nights)
  4. Monitor Gigabyte M27Q KVM
  5. Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q
  6. MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD - heard about oversaturated colors but also heard it can be easily calibrated. This one is probably my top 1 currently.
What models would you suggest from the list the most? Any other models that are valuable to consider? Thanks!

Nov 9, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Do you need a KVM equipped monitor? Here's a shortlist using PCPartPicker. I'd stay away from the S series of monitors from Dell. If it's Ultrasharp's but they lack in the refresh rate department(productivity wise, they're amazing), count me in! I don't suppose I could interest you in buying something like this, huh?
Hey! Thanks for the welcome :D

I don't think KVM is needed in my case.

About the Dell, gotcha about S ones. I was thinking about the Alienware one but it's above my budget. I didn't find anything super that would make it worth paying an extra $$.

Corsair looks to be 32', I don't have that much space on my desk. However, it looks interesting.