$500 Mouse Features LCD Screen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Again as others who actually have professional CAD experience, this is not a mouse. This is a supplement to a mouse. It's a 3D input device for manipulating solid models, etc. You use this with your left hand, and a mouse in addition with your right hand. It's amazing how much faster you can get things done using one versus not. It's worth at least $500 to a business. The LCD screen with email however seems a bit excessive if already using multiple monitors.

G

I was thinking that you can actually use the darn thing to sort of move the object freely (or maybe I watched too much sci-fi movies) but from the video demo, it's nothing more than just providing shortcuts, nothing more than that. Unless there is more beyond that, then it's not worth crap even to people who make 3D designs.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
A competent 3d designer can manipulate a model very quickly with a traditional mouse or tablet. You should see a video of some of these guys at work, you'll see that there is no need for this at all.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Show of hands:

Who didn't read the article?
Ok, keep your hands up if you missed the part about 3D stuff?
Last, do you not realize this is a mouse for professionals, not spoiled/rich gamers?

The ISO buttons are a dead giveaway that this mouse is not meant to be tortured with marathon sessions of WoW. Geez people, NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT GAMES. And I can totally understand how somewhat could increase their productivity massively with a device like this.

G

what ignorant people...

its clearly not designed at the mainstream consumer

its designed for

guess what

DESIGNERS

woohoo genius observation there...

G

The picture looks like something produced in Photoshop. Is this product actually shipping?

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
why would I want to read my emails from a tiny LCD screen? sure, the 3D functions are great for workstation usage, but email? calendar? come on! by the way, great innovation! and nice looks!

Status
Not open for further replies.