500gb SSD or 1tb hdd?

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rC3qXH

This is my build. Everyone gets a small ssd and a large hdd generally imo. Would it be worth it to just get another 500gb ssd instead of 1tb hdd. How much space do I really need? I wanna store games like witcher and GTA on ssd but how much space do they take up and will I notice a difference? My friend said GTA 5 on a ssd has a big difference in load times

Solution

No comparison!

Since you already have the SSD as the OS drive, maybe now is the time to consider going the way I have, and have your main system SSD only.
Get the 500GB SSD. Later, add another if it gets too full.

Add a USB HDD for backups, and your system will will be fast, quiet, and reliable.

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Currently I don't really have any games. My steam library is literally just csgo, super hot, and fallout 4. I have far cry 4 on uplay. I honestly don't know how much space I'll need because eventually I want to get gta, witcher 3, maybe battlefield 1. How much space would be that roughly be? Would a total of 750gb of ssd be that little? I mean 60-80gb adds up but it's not far from a 1tb hdd

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Yeah I wasn't expecting fps but load times I would like shortened. For example a super song skyrim loading screen on a 5400 rpm laptop drive compared to a Samsung 850 evo

USAFRet

Titan

No comparison!

Since you already have the SSD as the OS drive, maybe now is the time to consider going the way I have, and have your main system SSD only.
Get the 500GB SSD. Later, add another if it gets too full.

Add a USB HDD for backups, and your system will will be fast, quiet, and reliable.

Solution