[SOLVED] $500ish build compatibility/cutting cost

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoIAmDashing

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Hello I am going to build a $500ish pc build! This build I’m making is going to be mine for maybe 3-6 months until parts are available for me then gift it to my buddy. I need to cut costs on this because it’s supposed to be around $500 and it’s closer to 1k including the gpu. I was wondering if you guys/gals could help me I need to find a gpu that fits my budget and will be awesome! I also have none of these computer components so I can change the whole build or a lot of it to save money or to get performance. Thank you for reading I hope you stay safe and have a nice rest of your day :)

Solution
5600g is a good option for an upgradable machine which can do esports gaming. A 5600g with igpu will likely need low settings to play more demanding games at 1080p while still maintaining a smooth FPS.

If you do not mind purchasing a used graphics card, you can get a lot better performance for your money than you would with a 5600g APU based system, even with the rest of the PC being brand new.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor | $107.48 @ MemoryC
Motherboard | ASRock H570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX LGA1200 Motherboard | $104.99 @ Newegg
Memory | Silicon Power XPOWER Gaming 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory |...

YoIAmDashing

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
I understand computers but I’m not even close to the best tom hardware has. There are much more experienced people that know much more about computers I wanted to get their input and see how I could improve. I don’t want to fight and I already solved my question.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Since the OP has solved his question I'm going to close this thread.

@JohnBonhamsGhost You can help people without belittling them, their budget, and so on. Maybe a little levity next time will help the poster and not cause such confusion. When it comes to an opinion type post such as this, just because people have different ones, doesn't mean its wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.