[SOLVED] 500mbps but Download TX rate wont pass 30mb/s

Apr 19, 2019
Hey guys, how's it going?

Well, like i said in the tittle, i upgraded my isp to 500mbps, but my dl rate stucks at 30mb/s.
Maybe some hardware is limiting it?

Tyvm!!

Solution
If it test fine in speedtest then your connection is fine. You will notice that if you choose other speedtest locations it can be slower. The sites you are downloading from maybe farther from your house and they may be have other limitation. I know steam will download some games at my maximum rate and other it download slow for no reason I could ever find.

Another thing to point out is speedtest has rates in bits/sec where file downloads are generally in bytes/sec so will be 1/8 the number
Apr 19, 2019
when did you upgrade it?
turn on/off the modem? and the make and model of the modem?

Hi rgd1101, ty for your answer.
I upgrade it last week. When i check on SpeedTest, the bandwitch hits 500mbs. But when i download something (in Chrome, steam or battlenet) the dl rate stucks at 30mb/s.
Modem is a Dlink Dir-850L

If it test fine in speedtest then your connection is fine. You will notice that if you choose other speedtest locations it can be slower. The sites you are downloading from maybe farther from your house and they may be have other limitation. I know steam will download some games at my maximum rate and other it download slow for no reason I could ever find.

Another thing to point out is speedtest has rates in bits/sec where file downloads are generally in bytes/sec so will be 1/8 the number

Solution