[SOLVED] 5600x and stock cooler

Mar 7, 2021
Hello i have a question for my fellow gamers and 5600x users i have the stock cooler and when i play battlefield 5 for 1.5-2 ours i see in msi afterburner that my cpu is going between 88 and 92 degrees are these normal temps ? i also think bf V is a cpu demanding game i have 3 fans and i used the stock paste pre aplied if anny one else has that cpu whit stock cooler and bfV can you test your temps and post them please thanks a lot !

Solution
What is the make/model of your case, and what is the fan arrangement?
Any cooler needs a good source of fresh air to let it do it's job.
See what happens if you take the case cover off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that helps much, look to case cooling solutions.

One problem with mounting a cooler is that it can go on unevenly.
This happens if you tighten down each screw, and do it in a clockwise manner.
Better to tighten a little at a time and in a criss cross manner.
If this applies, remount the cooler.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I would personally buy an aftermarket cpu cooler. Its supposed to be safe at that temp, but I feel better seeing 60s and low 70s max instead.
If you want recommendations I am sure that there will be a few here with opinions

Reactions: kurdtnz
Hello i have a question for my fellow gamers and 5600x users i have the stock cooler and when i play battlefield 5 for 1.5-2 ours i see in msi afterburner that my cpu is going between 88 and 92 degrees are these normal temps ? i also think bf V is a cpu demanding game i have 3 fans and i used the stock paste pre aplied if anny one else has that cpu whit stock cooler and bfV can you test your temps and post them please thanks a lot !
It is safe up to 95C, as most modern CPU's are. But it's definitely limiting it's performance as it will limit boosting and pull back clocks above the mid 70's. 5600's commonly get that hot on stock coolers in use so no reason to doubt what you're seeing. A decent aftermarket cooler will make that problem go away though, and do it a lot quieter too.

Reactions: kurdtnz
What is the make/model of your case, and what is the fan arrangement?
Any cooler needs a good source of fresh air to let it do it's job.
See what happens if you take the case cover off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that helps much, look to case cooling solutions.

One problem with mounting a cooler is that it can go on unevenly.
This happens if you tighten down each screw, and do it in a clockwise manner.
Better to tighten a little at a time and in a criss cross manner.
If this applies, remount the cooler.

Solution

jtk2515

Distinguished
Can you enable PBO with a +200 offset and under volt it?
I have 2 5600x's one is running on a 120mm radiator 4.75ghz@1.38 and full load gets around 84C. When I was using the stock cooler I was using PBO/offset/undervolt and I remember it being around 80-83c. I would play around with undervolting it. You could get alot better performance also

Last edited: