57% Available, Plugged in, Not charging

sivasucmc

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
hello friend,
My laptop is Toshiba satellite A215-S4697
mw70cx.png

I am unable to charge my battery fully. It is a new battery.
57% Available, Plugged in, Not charging
1z35b10.jpg

battery shows 0% wear
i am able to charge only half of the designed capacity
300s1w7.jpg

2hpt9tw.jpg

things i have tried
1.uninstalled toshiba power saver
2.removed battery, started laptop using ac power
uninstalled 'microsoft acpi compliant' then shutdown,started computer again with battery
3.calibarated battery by charging and discharging completely for 3 cycles

all the above methods fail.
please help my battery to show 100%
i think i need to increase the maximum battery threshold from 57% to 100%
help me friends
here is the energy report

Power Efficiency Diagnostics ReportComputer Name SIVA-PC
Scan Time 2014-07-19T16:05:58Z
Scan Duration 60 seconds
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Product Name Satellite A215
BIOS Date 01/15/2010
BIOS Version V2.30
OS Build 7600
Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile
Plugged In true
Process Count 22
Thread Count 201
Report GUID {2a230ecb-7a9d-461f-b683-ebafe50352d5}

Analysis Results
Errors
Power Policy:Display timeout disabled (On Battery)
The display is not configured to turn off after a period of inactivity.
Power Policy:Dim timeout is disabled (On Battery)
The display is not configured to automatically dim after a period of inactivity.
Power Policy:Sleep timeout is disabled (On Battery)
The computer is not configured to automatically sleep after a period of inactivity.
Power Policy:Minimum processor performance state is 100% (On Battery)
The processor is not configured to automatically reduce power consumption based on activity.
Power Policy:Display timeout disabled (Plugged In)
The display is not configured to turn off after a period of inactivity.
Power Policy:Dim timeout is disabled (Plugged In)
The display is not configured to automatically dim after a period of inactivity.
Power Policy:Sleep timeout is disabled (Plugged In)
The computer is not configured to automatically sleep after a period of inactivity.
Power Policy:Minimum processor performance state is 100% (Plugged In)
The processor is not configured to automatically reduce power consumption based on activity.
USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.Device Name USB Root Hub
Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_438A
Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 19, function 3
Device ID USB\VID_1002&PID_438A
Port Path

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.Device Name USB Composite Device
Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_438A
Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 19, function 3
Device ID USB\VID_1D57&PID_0001
Port Path 1

Platform Power Management Capabilities:Sleep is disabled because a legacy driver is installed.
Sleep requires all device drivers to be compatible with Plug-and-Play and Power Management. If a legacy driver is installed, sleep is automatically disabled.Driver Name VgaSave

Platform Power Management Capabilities:Adaptive Display Brightness Support
This computer does not allow Windows to automatically control the brightness of the integrated display. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.
Platform Power Management Capabilities:pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.
Warnings
Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance (Plugged In)
The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes.
CPU Utilization:Analysis Error
Analysis was partially unsuccessful. Some results are available, but they may be incomplete.
Platform Power Management Capabilities:Analysis Error
Analysis was partially unsuccessful. Some results are available, but they may be incomplete.
Platform Power Management Capabilities:The S3 sleep state has been temporarily disabled by a system component.
The computer may not transition to sleep when certain components are installed or certain tasks are ongoing.Graphics Driver true
Hypervisor false
The system is booted from a virtual hard disk file (VHD). false

Platform Power Management Capabilities:The S4 (Hibernate) state has been temporarily disabled by a system component.
The computer may not transition to sleep when certain components are installed or certain tasks are ongoing.Graphics Driver true
Hypervisor false

Information
Platform Timer Resolution:platform Timer Resolution
The default platform timer resolution is 15.6ms (15625000ns) and should be used whenever the system is idle. If the timer resolution is increased, processor power management technologies may not be effective. The timer resolution may be increased due to multimedia playback or graphical animations.Current Timer Resolution (100ns units) 156001

Power Policy:Active Power Plan
The current power plan in usePlan Name OEM Balanced
Plan GUID {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}

Power Policy:power Plan Personality (On Battery)
The personality of the current power plan when the system is on battery power.Personality Balanced

Power Policy:Video Quality (On Battery)
Enables Windows Media Player to optimize for quality or power savings when playing video.Quality Mode Balance Video Quality and Power Savings

Power Policy:power Plan Personality (Plugged In)
The personality of the current power plan when the system is plugged in.Personality Balanced

Power Policy:Video quality (Plugged In)
Enables Windows Media Player to optimize for quality or power savings when playing video.Quality Mode Optimize for Video Quality

System Availability Requests:Analysis Success
Analysis was successful. No energy efficiency problems were found. No information was returned.
Battery:Analysis Success
Analysis was successful. No energy efficiency problems were found. No information was returned.
Platform Power Management Capabilities:Supported Sleep States
Sleep states allow the computer to enter low-power modes after a period of inactivity. The S3 sleep state is the default sleep state for Windows platforms. The S3 sleep state consumes only enough power to preserve memory contents and allow the computer to resume working quickly. Very few platforms support the S1 or S2 Sleep states.S1 Sleep Supported false
S2 Sleep Supported false
S3 Sleep Supported false
S4 Sleep Supported false

Platform Power Management Capabilities:The S1 sleep state has been temporarily disabled by a system component.
Hypervisor false

Platform Power Management Capabilities:The S2 sleep state has been temporarily disabled by a system component.
Hypervisor false

JOHNN93

Honorable
ive seen laptops charging up to 80% to prevent overheating and to make the battery live longer.
you can disable this in the bios.now for it to be charging up to 56 % or there is a setting in the bios that you can specify up to what point to charge.which i have never seen.
or there is a problem in the path somewhere from the transformer to the motherboard.

sivasucmc

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

thanks for reply
there is no such option in bios friend

sivasucmc

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

thanks for reply
if anything is broken, i could not be able to charge
but i am able to charge upto 56%

sivasucmc

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

sir,
tried new ac adpater which also dint solve the problem

sivasucmc

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

ya i was also thinking the same, but my bios has no such setting sir

sivasucmc

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

tried new charger but failed

FritsDaPro

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
I don't know if you found a solution but I got my lenovo laptop a couple days ago and noticed the same 'bug'.

For me the trick was to turn of the battery saving modus in an application from lenovo (came pre-installed om my laptop)