Question 5950X CPU and 3080 GPU never get at constant 80-90% load with stress tests / Blender?

DeNachtwacht

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2014
Hi guys, because I do a lot of Blender and CapCut, I upgraded my 3900X to a 5950X to match up with my 3080. But strangely, both in Blender and also in Mushroom the CPU and GPU are never fully utilized. Temps-max load are as follows:

CPU: 90-95% usage with max temperature around 60 degrees celsius
GPU: 20-30% usage with max temperature around 50 degrees celsius

But, the strange thing is: I see the CPU being utilized constantly from 90-95% to 5-10% and back again, this cycle keeps repeating over and over again. For the GPU it's 20% to 5% and back again.

Both the cpu/gpu never get under a constant 70-80-90% load?

It's all while doing Motion detection or rendering in Blender, which both are quite intensive tasks. In windows 11 task manager, I prioritized Blender to High but that does not fix anything. It also happens when using Meshroom, temps don't get too high, but CPU and GPU utilization are around the same amounts. In the Blender Benchmark, the PC also scores on the low side for CPU, and just below average for the GPU.

The only way to get my GPU around 70 degrees is to start the only heavy game I own, Baldurs Gate 3 at ultra 4k. So somehow, that does work. It also goes up a little bit if I do something demanding as second task, for example unzipping large files.

In the bios, all settings are default. I own a
Aorus Elite X570
32GB G-Skill DDR4 3200Mhz ram
Fractal Design ION+ 860W Platinum PSU.

I don't know what is the problem. All other temps in HWInfo 64 look normal, no strange thermals or speed elsewhere. I'm fully updated to the latest windows 11, latest X570 chipset windows 11 drivers, latest BIOS Firmware.

Anyone who has any idea why my system is not going to a constant at least 80-90% when I try to push it?

Last edited: