Question 5v fan help

Dec 12, 2019
So I Have 6
Addressable 5v fans .
I want to control them so I bought a DeepCool converter but have a few questions.
1. The 5v hub for fans has a spot for “cpu fan” on the hub. Do I bypass the cpu spot on my board and hook here ? It looks like a 4 pin only spot on my hub.

currently have a solid color light fan going to cooler for cpu and wanted to change to addressable but curious how I’m goi g from fan to hub to converter and still going to have speed control based off cpu demand.

Also read in my manual that one of my
“digital led strip headers” ports can be changed to 5v. ?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
That 4-pin wire on your fan hub is used to control the speed of fans that you connect to the hub. It is labelled as CPU since CPU_FAN headers are 4-pin PWM headers and the PWM signal could be the one needed to control fans connected to the hub.

So, if you connect 4-pin wire from your fan hub CPU port to CPU_FAN header on your MoBo, you can control the speed of the fans based on CPU's temp. Note: all fans connected to the fan hub will run in sync and individual fan speed control is impossible. If you want individual fan speed control, you need to look towards fan controller.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
ARGB fans are really 2 things, both seperate. You'll have a 12v fan and 5v lighting.

The fan hooks up just the same as any other plain fan, doesn't matter if it's cpu_fan or sys_fan, the difference there being where the header gets its temp info.

The 5v lighting has its own wiring, and software controls that aspect, either via USB wire or directly from ARGB 4pin header.

There's several Deepcool converters/hubs last one I looked at was to convert 12v RGB header to 5v ARGB, but that's problematic since they operate differently, so you can end up loosing the Rainbow and Breathe effects.

A hub will do one thing, one way, a converter is something different, so I'm not exactly sure if what you bought is right for your application, nor knowing whether you'd need a Controller like the Corsair Commander, which controls fans and lighting, etc.

Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for the help everyone. While researching my manual to death since it was my time ever doing this and I was afraid of shorting something out.,I found the following.
digital 1/2 sockets have jumpers and can be set as 5 or 12 v. All good! Fan control and fusion!