[SOLVED] 6 pin fan connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2020
I have a 6 pin fan connector and an asus motherboard with 4 cha_fan and 2 or 3 ext_fan. Im searching to buy a pin converter but I can't find one, My case is a nfortec krater that has 4 fans with 6 pin connector and I don't know which cable I need to buy please send me a link of the cable I need

Apr 14, 2020
HOW TO WIRE A 6PIN FAN TO MOLEX AND JRAINBOW;
ETA, the 6 pins are as follows: 12v, ground, tachometer, data, another ground , and 5v. You seperate the 12v and ground, hook them up as a 2pin molex. Then you remove the tachometer, giving you 5v, data and ground , which just happens to be argb. Itll be a 4 pin with 3 pins, separated. Put it into the rainbow connector. You end up with a 6 pin fan connected to jrainbow with no need for a controller... minus tachometer.

Reactions: Pirra

Pirra

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2014
HOW TO WIRE A 6PIN FAN TO MOLEX AND JRAINBOW;
ETA, the 6 pins are as follows: 12v, ground, tachometer, data, another ground , and 5v. You seperate the 12v and ground, hook them up as a 2pin molex. Then you remove the tachometer, giving you 5v, data and ground , which just happens to be argb. Itll be a 4 pin with 3 pins, separated. Put it into the rainbow connector. You end up with a 6 pin fan connected to jrainbow with no need for a controller... minus tachometer.

I was looking for this information everywhere. Thanks man, you really make my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.