[SOLVED] 60-70C idle and 70C+ when gaming

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020
Hello i just bought a new pc around 1500$ and this days i notice its getting too hot so i download temp core and i saw im having 60C to 70C idle and im getting worried and i dont really know what to do!
I have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core Processor and 16GB Ram
Even with nothing on still getting 60C im just really worried
Oh and i notice that it says im having 60C but when i touch my pc its not hot at least when im not in game

Reactions: Gaming7Ray
Solution
71F or 21C
Considering the room temperature, if it's 60-70 idle, it could mean the heat-sink wasn't properly installed. You may need to get thermal paste and reapply it and reinstall the heat-sink. If that doesn't help, your best option would be a $20-40 90-120mm tower CPU heat-sink.

Edit - Actually you might be better off just getting a new heat-sink first and and saving the money, because they usually come with extra paste. It's usually not great, but it's good enough for a Ryzen 5 3600.
Jun 13, 2020
1 Use HWmonitor......and check your temp
2 check if your pc is placed on cool ventilated place. [Dont place cpu in closed or under table]
3 if not working then your processor fan is not placed properly.....if you know how to open it ,,,,then fit it properly [you can find videos on youtube]
Also cpu temp rely on ambient temperature of your room

Gaming between 60-75 degrees are okay..no problem.......if you going above 75..then you should buy aftermarket cpu cooler

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020
2 check if your pc is placed on cool ventilated place. [Dont place cpu in closed or under table]
3 if not working then your processor fan is not placed properly.....if you know how to open it ,,,,then fit it properly [you can find videos on youtube]

Gaming between 60-75 degrees are okay..no problem.......if you going above 75..then you should buy aftermarket cpu cooler

I downloaded HWmonitor Still seeing high temp and now im about to place my pc to a cooler place

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020

I placed it in a cooler place but the temp doesnt really changed at all
s o i ill try see the fans place

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020

I can tell my pc has a cpu cooler 3 fans in a row and 2 fans stick together
And im thinking if my pc has overclocking...?

Last edited:

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020

Uh i think im missing a fan or its not working cause i have fans but here i can see it doesnt work ?
Tunning:
GPU clock speed: 785 MHz
VRam Clock sped: 200MHz
Voltage: 800mV
Power cosumption: 9W
Fan sped: 0 RPM
Curret temp: 52C
Junction temp: 52C

About my fans i need more or change the locestion my fans are

Last edited:

iWoodGames

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020

Well i notice in HWMonitor all temps are normal exept TMPIN2 and Package (node 0)
all other temps are normal even when gaming

Hello i just bought a new pc around 1500$ and this days i notice its getting too hot so i download temp core and i saw im having 60C to 70C idle and im getting worried and i dont really know what to do!
I have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core Processor and 16GB Ram
Even with nothing on still getting 60C im just really worried
Oh and i notice that it says im having 60C but when i touch my pc its not hot at least when im not in game
Your temps are within normal spec for your CPU, but 60-70c is a bit high for idle. What is your room temperature?

71F or 21C
Considering the room temperature, if it's 60-70 idle, it could mean the heat-sink wasn't properly installed. You may need to get thermal paste and reapply it and reinstall the heat-sink. If that doesn't help, your best option would be a $20-40 90-120mm tower CPU heat-sink.

Edit - Actually you might be better off just getting a new heat-sink first and and saving the money, because they usually come with extra paste. It's usually not great, but it's good enough for a Ryzen 5 3600.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaming7Ray
Solution