60 hz vs 120hz vs 240hz

Andrea Pozzer

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Hello community
I'm buying soon a monitor for my Notebook , i wanted to buy a 120hz monitor or the eizo one that pushes till 240hz
I'm asking , does it affects my ingame performance , i mean buying a bigger monitor with the same resolution 1920x1080 and using it at 120hz lower my fps? or not?

Solution
The refresh rate will not affect the amount of frames per second you get in an application. It only allows you to take advantage if you happen to produce frames above 60 etc... Unless you have a gaming laptop with a really good graphics card built in your probably better off with the 60Hz monitor. You will have a hard time getting above 60 frames per second in most cases and the extra money you spent on a 120+Hz monitor would be wasted.

So no the refresh rate will not effect your in game performance but if your able to push out 120+ fps in game then you will have a nice smooth experience over 60Hz.
The refresh rate will not affect the amount of frames per second you get in an application. It only allows you to take advantage if you happen to produce frames above 60 etc... Unless you have a gaming laptop with a really good graphics card built in your probably better off with the 60Hz monitor. You will have a hard time getting above 60 frames per second in most cases and the extra money you spent on a 120+Hz monitor would be wasted.

So no the refresh rate will not effect your in game performance but if your able to push out 120+ fps in game then you will have a nice smooth experience over 60Hz.

Solution

Andrea Pozzer

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
I have a GT72 dominator 2QD with 970M GTX , not the top gamma but a really good laptop in my opinion. What do you think , would be a good thing buying a 120hz+ monitor? and another question , they wanted to sell me a new eizo with 240hz at a really good price , is it worth having 240hz over 120?