[SOLVED] 600 watt for 3060ti?

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
I currently have a 600 watt evga BQ psu running a 3600x and 1060 6gb,would my current psu be fine for the 3060ti?

Solution
I currently have a 600 watt evga BQ psu running a 3600x and 1060 6gb,would my current psu be fine for the 3060ti?
Should be ok. Not the best PSU but not the worst either. Fits in with average quality, lower budget models. Might want to buy something a little better when you eventually replace it.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
How old is the unit you've mentioned above? Is your system under any overclocks? Suggested PSU is 600W, which is slightly exaggerated to account for bad quality PSU's.
Many ppl have said both yes and no claiming that recommended is for ppl who are running high end processors and maxxed everything out,others say no because the psu is bad,let me know what you think,Ik the 1060 power draw is like 175 and the 3060ti is like 200 so.

3600x
1060 6gb
16gb 3200 MHz ram trident z rgb
1tb nvme
B450 tomahawk max

I would not trust that unit. It is basic, poor voltage stability and minimum Wattage for your system. There maybe life left but if it fails it may take down other hardware with it. Get yourself a decent Gold certified unit like a Seasonic Focus 650 W gold. Fully modular with a 10year Warranty and a good investment.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
I would not trust that unit. It is basic, poor voltage stability and minimum Wattage for your system. There maybe life left but if it fails it may take down other hardware with it. Get yourself a decent Gold certified unit like a Seasonic Focus 650 W gold. Fully modular with a 10year Warranty and a good investment.

you would not trust 600 watt evga BQ psu ?? Really ?

The guy is not overclocking and this power supply is enough for him.

@Jaydeesus

Dont worry , you are good . True your PSU is not TOP , but it is enough and good.

the BQ line took 8.1/10 in review

the cons are not a big deal for your case.

Review :

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
There you have it. choose good or choose bad it's up to you.
The PSU is the lifeblood of your system and should not be underestimated,

this is misleading . calling it bad is wrong ! and advising people pay money when they dont need to is the wrong thing to do.

and stop using "fear" factor on people without proof. like "lifeblood should not be underestimated" this is not scientific.

All what you know about power supplies is following Tomshardware tiers list blindly nothing more.. without consideration of each case use .

Last edited:
this is misleading . calling it bad is wrong ! and advising people pay money when they dont need to is the wrong thing to do.

and stop using "fear" factor on people without proof. like "lifeblood should not be underestimated" this is not scientific.

All what you know about power supplies is following Tomshardware tiers list blindly nothing more.. without consideration of each case use .

Look it's just a matter of opinion really and offering that opinion based on best practice and experience.

We all have opinions however trying to create an argument from this is hardly helpful to the OP.

To say i'm trying to create fear and getting the OP to spend unnecessarily is NONSENSE,

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. (y)

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
I just want to clarify that the BQ 600 model is not of the same quality than the 650/750 watts. One is Andyson and the other are HEC units.

Add 3-4 years of being used and a RTX 3000 series. It will work but please change that PSU the moment you can.
How long would I have to replace it?

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
The RMx series from Corsair are among the best PSU models available. It would be an excellent choice. 650 watts would be plenty with extra for more upgrades or overclocking. I don't think you have an urgent need for a PSU upgrade but nothing wrong with a better model.
How long do you think I have before I should switch?I don’t have the money currently snd only enough to possibly buy the 3060ti