[SOLVED] 600w PSU good enough to OC 3070 and 3600?

ChickenGandalf

Prominent
Jan 12, 2021
Wassup everyone. Just found out the hard way (thermal throttling i believe since i had horrible frames in certain games like warzone madden and battlefront 2) that the stock stealth cooler is disgustingly bad and my pc would shut off because I would get 95-100c in certain games so i’m getting a 212 evo which leaves room for me to overclock my cpu without heating up as bad as it is right now.

Which begs the question, is my EVGA 600w BR juicy enough to power my system when i overclock my cpu and gpu? I know I can definitely overclock my cpu no problem but i’ve seen other threads that i won’t be able to overclock my gpu and i just wanna confirm with my own thread that. Please let me know if this is possible and if not what would happen if i did overclock, i’m assuming my PC would shut down.

Another question that isn’t that big and important because i’ve seen other articles that says it’s ok but I also wanna confirm again. I have a q300l case and their allowance for coolers are up to 159mm and the cooler itself is 159mm, is this going to be a problem? if so how much of a problem am i looking at.

My Pc
Ryzen 5 3600 (212 evo cooler)
MSI 3070 gaming x trio
MSI B450m gaming plus
2x8 vengeance 3600ghz
EVGA 600w BR

Ak47Egy

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016
I don't think you'll have enough leftover headroom, especially seeing as the efficiency is bronze meaning it's not even providing the 600w power, it'll be fine running your system, but barely so consider at least a 700w+ PSU if you want to overclock that card

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
I don't think you'll have enough leftover headroom, especially seeing as the efficiency is bronze meaning it's not even providing the 600w power, it'll be fine running your system, but barely so consider at least a 700w+ PSU if you want to overclock that card
That's not how it works. You don't lose rated power capacity due to efficiency rating. If working properly, it will output 600 watts on +12volt but it will draw somewhere close to 700 watts at the wall to accomplish this.